Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Coz they couldn’t afford anywhere in the city :joy:

Can’t wait to see it Monday. Hope it’s the best set on Ten.

I think Ten Melbourne should be the next to move. Surely the como center is too small for the second larger market. Sydney, Adelaide and Perth all in purpose built facilities.

6 Likes

Apparently that is not the new Ten building according to posters on TV Tonight. The building shown on the photo above is the headquarters of iiNet. Ten is next door to the right of iiNet building, out of frame.

1 Like

As I understand it, Ten and iiNet are in the same building. Ten has the top floor IIRC

That pic is the ‘artists impression’, so it’s not exactly as shown.
Fairly close tho

I don’t think the Ten logo on the building is meant to be representative of exactly where their studio is. In Melbourne their logo is (was?) plastered prominently on top of the Como yet they only occupy 4 floors in the middle (I worked higher up on the 11th floor at one time).

1 Like

Incorrect. Ten is in the above pictured building on top floor.

1 Like

Oops

3 Likes

yes but it only lasted for about 1 or 2 secs

1 Like

A Statement From Network Ten.

Network Ten today announced that Executive General Manager, Melbourne, Russel Howcroft, has resigned and will leave the company on 24 February 2017.

Mr Howcroft joined Network Ten in his current role in January 2013.

Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “We are sad to announce Russel’s departure. He has made an important and valuable contribution to Ten, both in Melbourne and across the Network.

“As part of the executive leadership team, he played a key role in developing and executing the strategy that has led to Ten’s ratings and revenue revival.

“He was also one of the driving forces behind, and currently chairs, ThinkTV, the marketing and research group set up earlier this year to promote television’s scale and effectiveness for advertisers across all screens,” he said.

“Russel brought great commitment and passion to his role at Ten. He leaves with our sincere thanks and our very best wishes for his future endeavours.”

Mr Howcroft said: “Paul Anderson, my management colleagues, the Board and all the staff at Network Ten have made my time here highly enjoyable.

“We have had some great wins over the past four years and I am sure there will be more success stories from Ten in the coming months and years.”

1 Like

[quote]According to AdNews, Howcroft is expected to take on a new role as chief creative officer at professional services group PwC.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/russel-howcroft-resigns-from-ten/news-story/f2dc567c3b36f6ee8b84383ddca47cf3
[/quote]

Hopefully he will be more forthright on Gruen now, as I felt he was a bit constrained by having to talk up free-to-air television.

Sad to see Howcroft leave, he was a very smart executive! Certainly during his time we saw MasterChef’s revival & the success of the BBL cricket (both based out of Melbourne), as well as The Bachelor franchise at Network Ten…

Good luck to him :clap:

STORY from News Corp: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/network-ten-executive-general-manager-russel-howcroft-resigns-moving-on-to-a-new-role/news-story/b8132251531f427db40be560776454af?client=ms-android-telstra-au

Here was me thinking the Big Bash was Australia wide.

7 Likes

It is.

…based out of Melbourne.

1 Like

TEN Appoints New Company Secretary.

Ten Network Holdings Limited (ASX: TEN) (“TEN”, “the Company”) today announced the appointment of Stuart Thomas as Company Secretary, effective 23 December 2016.

Mr Thomas takes on the new role in addition to his responsibilities as the Company’s General Counsel, a position he has held since August 2013.

The appointment of Mr Thomas to the additional role follows the retirement of TEN Company Secretary Stephen Partington, effective 23 December 2016.

Mr Partington has worked for the Company for 20 years, initially as General Counsel and more recently as Company Secretary.

TEN Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “Stephen has made an invaluable contribution to our business.

“He has decided to step back from day-to-day work and focus on his private business interests. He leaves with our sincere thanks for two decades of dedicated service and our very best wishes for the future.

“Stuart has been our General Counsel for more than three years, responsible for all our legal and commercial arrangements, and I would like to congratulate him on his expanded responsibilities,” he said.

1 Like

Ten Network Holdings Trading Update.

Ten Network Holdings Limited (ASX: TEN) (“TEN”, “the Company”) today provided a trading update to the market in relation to its 2017 financial year.

At the TEN Annual General Meeting on 8 December 2016, the Company advised that although the advertising market remained extremely short in terms of forward bookings, TEN’s television revenue had increased 1.9% in the first quarter of the 2017 financial year. TEN’s television revenue is expected to increase by approximately 1.2% for the half year to 28 February 2017.

TEN has continued to increase its market share in a declining advertising market, driven by the strategy of investing in prime time content, and the innovative and market-leading arrangement with Multi Channel Network Pty Ltd.

As a result of the weak advertising market and increased content and other costs, TEN’s television earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (“EBITDA”) for the half year are expected to be $10 million to $15 million lower than the $10.1 million EBITDA profit reported for the previous corresponding period, resulting in an EBITDA loss of up to $5 million.

As previously advised, a rigorous cost reduction project is underway and a further update will be provided as part of the half-year results presentation. An impairment review, including the value of television licences, will be undertaken as part of the half-year accounting process.

A continuing decline in television advertising markets, absent any relief in television licence fees, will result in an EBITDA loss for the full year of between $20 million and $30 million.

TEN Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “This industry is obviously under severe duress and yet commercial free-to-air television broadcasters continue to be penalised by the world’s most expensive broadcast licence fees.

“Without the investment of the commercial free-to-air broadcasters, local production will dry up, jobs will be lost and local news will be a thing of the past.

“As we have been saying for years now, the current regulatory framework is unsustainable. Without an urgent reduction in licence fees to the levels paid overseas, and without reform of Australia’s archaic media laws, this sector faces a very uncertain future,” he said.

“It is time for the Government to face the reality that the world has changed. Australian media companies are competing directly for viewers and advertisers against globally dominant internet companies that are taking a growing share of advertising dollars out of this country. These companies are exempt from local media regulation or content obligations, and they don’t pay television licence fees.

“We are calling for urgent action from the Government and the Parliament to ensure a future for the high-quality, free television service that Australians highly value and rely on,” Mr Anderson said.

This isn’t going to get any better for FTA.

What really needs reform is the network itself.

They have a do nothing CEO. Nothing. Sweet fuck all. He’s done not one new thing since the other bloke left. No strategy. No new programming. No investment in anything. Same old same old. Sitting around with his dick in his hand.

Investors should be demanding to know what the fuck is going on at ten. They do nothing new.

3 Likes

And Seven and Nine do?