Paramount Australia & New Zealand

They do, WIN had a clear watermark back during the initial swap.

Let’s not excuse the ridiculous watermarking situation as something which is limited to the bush. If and when Bruce gets Ten metro, the watermarks will be solidified.

2 Likes

I think WIN only get a clean feed of the main channel, with One and Eleven being dirty feeds.

Shouldn’t really be a problem though, because the multichannels are all branded the same. It’s only the main channel which has a different name.

WIN insists on making everything shit-fugly by making One and 11’s logos solid and slapping their shit-tier good-for-nothing logo above.

As you can tell, I really like WIN.

10 Likes

Channel 4?

1 Like

The 4x series is used by HPON broadcasters in Darwin and Broome while also currently associated with metro CTV. Regardless of CTV, I can’t see it being used by a replacement for Ten.

1 Like

those could be moved

If the ACMA didn’t enforce the channel numbers during the regional shake-up laft year, what’s to say that they would be bothered forcing HPONs to change for no real reason.

1 Like

I don’t see that ACMA has anything to say on LCNs; they know they exist but that’s about it. It is Free TV Australia ie the broadcasters who set up the operational practices for LCNs.

2 Likes

Creditors claiming money from Ten include Seven Network and Nine Network and -
CBS International $853 million
EndemolShine $12.4 million
Working Dog $4.9 million
Fremantle Media $3.1 million
ITV Australia $3.5 million
Cricket Australia $21.6 million
Australian Taxation Office $3.6 million
Lachlan Murdoch $11 million
Bruce Gordon $11 million
James Packer $11 million

http://www.smh.com.au/business/media-and-marketing/cbs-claiming-debts-of-843-million-from-network-ten-20170710-gx8bmq.html

5 Likes

Would that suggest an increased chance of a CBS bid for Ten?

3 Likes

What does Ten owes Nine and Seven for?
The article says Ten owes the two networks money mainly for news gathering, but I think the amount is minuscule compared to what the production companies are claiming.

1 Like

Shared news gathering.

Even though I know it’s incorrect, I can’t help but associate WIN with the old Wollongong channel, and NBN with the old Newcastle channel.

It’s Wollongong/Illawarra/New South Wales all the way. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Now it might just be me, but that isn’t a good look, yes it’s a payment for the up and coming season. However if you are trying to win them over for future seasons you would think that this would be paid up and done by now.

Upset an organisation and that could be the end of the relationship right there.

2 Likes

But there isn’t anything to say the payment is due ahead of time, just that they will be owed the money as part of the current rights contract.

4 Likes

WIN did start in Wollongong & is still based there, etc. so what was your comment in response to?

Yes, the word “owed” is incredibly misleading in this context. This is simply a list of Ten’s commitments as they stand today and almost certainly includes some contract break fees which would only apply if the network were to cancel those deals or shut down altogether.

The CBS figure will be payable over many, many years and we already know that Ten has an in-principal agreement with CBS which will reduce that figure substantially.

4 Likes

Ten clearly has a good relationship with Criket Australia. CA have even postponed their next rights deal negotiations until Ten is out of shit creek.

1 Like

I agree with you there, but was the Rv rights put on delay because of the players contracts or ten? I think the players contract has a bit to do with it too.