Paramount Australia & New Zealand

thats an subscriber only article

Wow, this is disappointing.

3 Likes

To get around it, just google “CBA to appoint Network Ten receiver”

1 Like

So what’s the likely outcome?

1 Like

All that it means at this stage is that nothing can happen without CBA being happy that their financial interests are being protected.

It’s more than likely just a firm push back against whatever sneaky games Murdoch/Gordon are up to.

1 Like

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/06/ppb-to-be-appointed-as-ten-receivers.html

2 Likes

Some light relief on this forum Thoughts on Salaries for Top 10 on-air Personalities?

saw a comment the first time receivers were reported that CBA are long term Murdoch bankers - not sure whether there is anything in that, but it does make things a little interesting

Before Ten was put into administration, CBS had proposed in negotiations to slash the price of their output deal with Ten in exchange for shares in the company. The AFR is speculating that CBS is a possible bidder for Ten, with CBS able to run the network at a lower cost if they are supplying their own programming.

9 Likes

Announcement to the ASX this morning. Murdoch, Gordon and Packer are guaranteeing the funding.

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/19601244_10209525472958232_7855608906876833248_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f52eb9b2cf3d074d5b1ea92ca674cb66&oe=59DABF62

2 Likes

So they are going to guarantee another loan but not the one that’s due at the end of the year?

What’s this mean then? Are they still going to look for another buyer? Is this loan just for the short term until another buyer is found?

Looks like PBB want to find a buyer.

They guarantee a loan now but wouldn’t continue to do so before. That’s weird and shows they have an agenda.

I’m still hoping for CBS to be involved in owning ten.

1 Like

So you keep saying every second day but why would a foreign buyer be better? Last time it happened we saw thr channel decimated and flooded with cheap North American product. That would probably be tragic because we’ll probably see all their CBS product take priority more than it does now to the detriment of Aussie programming and anything from other suppliers.

1 Like

A CBS-owned Ten would probably be better than either News Corp or WIN owning the network, but that really isn’t saying much.

5 Likes

I think I’d like to see WIN have a go at running it without the influence of NewsCorp. I think they coild take it in a better direction.

1 Like

They have to produce 55% Australian content anyway.

When was the last foreign buyer?? Can west. They made it profitable then it was able to float and invest in big programming. And they still had a news
Department throughout that whole time.

13 Likes

What it means is that these two have brought themselves time, as they wait for parliament to come back from its winter break (wish we all had a winter break… don’t get me started), they’ll vote on the new media laws. Once that get passed, Murdoch and co will put in an offer for ten and own the channels of 10!

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. If that’s the case, then lets hope that the media laws do not pass :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We are assuming it but with Hanson holding out and probably few others too I don’t think it will⌚️
Surely the administrators would reject bids from Murdoch and co. (But sadly they wouldn’t be able to block the bids)
Surely they would not inflico SkyTen or WinTen on us…:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like