Paramount Australia & New Zealand

there’s only one solution

19 Likes

Where do conservatives get a platform?

[quote=“AustralianAerial, post:414, topic:590, full:true”]I’m sick of conservatives not getting a platform.
[/quote]
Channel 7? No.
Channel 9? No.
Channel 10? 1 (Steve Price once a week)
ABC? No.
SBS? No.

Really?
You’ve never heard from them on commercial talkback radio? News Corp newspapers, Sky News Channel?
They’re everywhere.
It’s not like they don’t get any voice on TV news programmes (including The Project [Steve Price comes to mind]) or ABC now-and-then either (e.g. Q&A), even if a number of statements from ‘conservatives’ are occasionally rebutted with facts/debunked.
Let’s not pretend like ‘conservatives’ don’t get heard.

8 Likes

So you don’t want to talk about free-to-air TV then? Who is pretending conservatives don’t get heard? Can you name one conservative employed by the ABC? Can you name any conservatives on Seven? Nine? SBS? Ten (apart from Steve Price)?

If you want me to be really specific then, where do conservatives get a platform ON FREE-TO-AIR?

They have Steve Price on twice a week and they have plenty of Liberal politicians on the program.

2 Likes

I fucking love that Hinch logo and the overall design of that campaign. So sharp and fresh.

Oops, wrong thread.

3 Likes

Allan Jones on Sunrise

Ray Hadley on Today.
Karl S is very right wing if you ask me.

One thinks that the demise of Ten isn’t caused by the lack of right wing nut jobs. Watch Sky News for that.

Ten are more balanced than most networks I think. Their studio 10 panel has Joe and Ita which are quite right wing as well.

3 Likes

Tom Switzer and Amanda Vanstone have shows on RN.

Many state-based local radio presenters are quite conservative.

Also, Insiders have right wingers on every week.

3 Likes

How about the ABC? How about actual hosts of programs (apart from Karl if you want to call him conservative)?

Amanda Vanstone is probably the least conservative conservative. In any case, you can name two. And there are - what - a hundred or two ABC hosts?

But there must be strings attached with the lower rates from CBS??

There’s also the ABC politics editor, Chris Uhlmann who’s quite open about how conservative he is.

And there’s also Patricia Karvelas. And Stan Grant leans to the right.

3 Likes

Ok now you’re being silly!

Anyway…hopefully the media laws pass. They’ll pass the lower house.

In the senate: NXT, David Leynholm, Bernadi and Hinch will pass them. Just waiting on One Nation. If Fifield can sway the One Nation morons then the laws might pass the senate.

Government minister under Saint Howard. If that isn’t a conservative I dunno what is.

does any body know what the current price is that channel 10 have to have to the government in licensing fees?

Can the conservative/liberal bickering stop and can we get back to discussion about Ten?

10 Likes

lets keep to the topic shell we and keep the politics out

22 million in 2017 and in FY18, $12 million.