Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Never got down to 10c but it was close. They recently did a 10:1 consolidation, probably to avoid the embarrassment of a share price of TEN cents.

1 Like

Because people need another distraction to block my path in shopping centres. :confounded:

TEN closed at $1.07. after 5 consecutive days of 4%+ falls. tomorrow could be the day it drops below what used to be 10c.

I’m going to call it: time to buy. if i was in a position to expand my portfolio a 99c bid would be a no-brainer.

To think i sold for $2.54_adjusted_ just 8 months ago.

1 Like

It would be a good buy considering ten are already up on last year. I’m wondering if some things are happening behind the scenes for such big drops.

1 Like

The drops started after the last market update, which showed healthy growth. ten obviously over-promised to shareholders and anything short of an epic turnaround to become the #1 network was disappointment.

I’d predict these drastic drops are still an overreaction tho.

1 Like

Down another 6.5% today, trading at $1.01.

So if TEN shares were trading pre consolidation, it would actually be at 10c haha

1 Like

Heh, I might have to buy a few for a laugh. :laughing:

At the moment Ten’s shares are at 9.8c which aren’t good at all.

No they’re at .95 after they consolidated their shares. Can see Ten going below 50 cents in a few months.

keeps going lower though

Conflicting reports today about negotiations between TEN and Southern Cross, ahead of media reform legislation.

I’m assuming this is one reason why Ten HD for SC areas hasn’t been planned yet.

Ha the launch of Ten HD only happened yesterday! It took a few months for Win to even mention they would be providing a HD feed.
I’d give it a few months if not longer for SC.

1 Like

###Peter Tonagh Appointed To Ten Network Board.

The Board of Ten Network Holdings (ASX: TEN) (“TEN” or “the Company”) today announced the appointment of Peter Tonagh as a Non-Executive Director, effective today.

Mr Tonagh will represent Foxtel Management Pty Ltd as agent for the Foxtel Partnership (“Foxtel”) on the TEN Board. Foxtel became a substantial shareholder in TEN in November 2015.

The appointment of Mr Tonagh to the TEN Board follows the resignation of Non-Executive Director Richard Freudenstein today.

TEN Chairman David Gordon said: “I would like to thank Richard for his valuable input as a Director of the Company and his support and insights. We wish him the very best for the future.”

Mr Tonagh was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Foxtel on 17 March 2016.

Prior to the appointment, Mr Tonagh was Chief Executive Officer of News Corp Australia in November 2015. His previous roles also include Chief Operating Officer of News Corp Australia, interim Chief Executive Officer of REA Group, and the dual roles of Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer at Foxtel.

Mr Gordon said: “Peter is one of the most experienced and talented media executives in Australia, with deep knowledge of many media, including television and online.

“We welcome Peter to the Board and look forward to him making an important contribution in the future success of our Company.”

##ten Network Holdings’ First Half 2016 Financial Results.
TV Revenue Up 7.9%. TV EBITDA Up 35.8%.

Ten Network Holdings Limited (ASX: TEN) (“TEN”, “the Company”) today announced its results for the six months to 29 February 2016. The results included:

• Television EBITDA of $10.1 million (2015: $7.5 million)
  • Television revenue of $334.2 million (2015: $309.8 million)
  • Television costs (ex-selling costs) increase of 6.6%
  • Net profit for the period attributable to members of $13.4 million (2015: net loss of $264.4 million)
  • Primary TEN channel: total people audience up 5.4% so far in 2016
  • Network Ten: commercial audience share in 25 to 54s of 28.7% so far in 2016; best result since 2012
  • Revenue and revenue share growth via Multi Channel Network strategic arrangement

TEN Chief Executive Officer Paul Anderson said the strong growth in revenue and earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) during the February half was driven by the Company’s improved audience performance across all screens and the success of its advertising sales representation arrangement with Multi Channel Network Pty Ltd (“MCN”).

Television revenue increased 7.9% compared with a 1.7% decline in the capital city free-to-air television advertising market during the period. TEN’s share of the revenue market rose 2.5 percentage points to 23.4%, its highest level since the second half of the 2012 financial year.

“Our clear strategy of investing in fresh and innovative prime time content and expanding strategically our digital media business tenplay is producing encouraging results,” Mr Anderson said.

“TEN was the only free-to-air television company to increase its prime time audience in the 2015 ratings year. That trend continued across the 2015-16 summer, with Network Ten achieving its best ever summer audience among people 25 to 54 and its highest summer commercial share in total people since 2003-04.

“Since the start of 2016, the TEN channel has increased its prime time total people audience by 5.4% and Network Ten has recorded a commercial share of 28.7% in 25 to 54s, its best result since 2012,” he said.

During the six months to 29 February 2016, TEN completed the issuance of new ordinary shares to Foxtel Management Pty Limited as agent for the Foxtel Partnership (“Foxtel”); completed a fully underwritten accelerated pro-rata renounceable entitlement offer of new ordinary shares; and became a 24.99% shareholder in MCN.

Mr Anderson said TEN’s strategic arrangement with MCN, which took effect on 1 September 2015, had underpinned the Company’s revenue and revenue share growth. “February 2016 marked the 12th consecutive month in which TEN had increased its revenue and revenue share year-on-year,” he said.

“Our relationship with MCN is innovative and it is changing the way advertising is bought and sold in Australia. TEN and MCN are delivering brand-safe premium video across multiple platforms, in the world-class Landmark trading environment, with real and measurable data. That proposition is unparalleled in our market.”

TEN’s audience and revenue growth during the six months to 29 February 2016 was driven by key domestic properties such as The Bachelorette Australia, Bathurst 1000, Mary: The Making Of A Princess, The Great Australian Spelling Bee, Gogglebox Australia, KFC Big Bash League, I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, All Star Family Feud and Long Lost Family.

During the six-month period, TEN’s industry-leading online catch up and streaming service tenplay recorded a 30.4% increase in video segment views and a 34.5% increase in video unique visitors. The number of tenplay app downloads increased 13%, to 2.53 million.

Network Ten today announced that Executive General Manager, Sydney, Louise Barrett, has decided to leave the company, effective 30 June.

Ms Barrett has held her current role since September 2015. She joined Network Ten in March 2013 as Chief Sales Officer.

Network Ten Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “Louise has made an enormously valuable and important contribution to our business over the past three years, culminating in the innovative partnership with Multi Channel Network [‘MCN’], a partnership that has transformed the way television advertising air-time is sold in Australia.

“Louise led our Sales team to great results and was a key member of our executive leadership team. She also played a key role in the successful transition of the Sales function to MCN.

“She leaves Ten with our sincere thanks and very best wishes for the future,” he said.

Ms Barrett said: “I remain extremely passionate about Ten and the position it has carved out for itself in the market.

“I leave knowing that it is in the best possible position to capitalise on the ratings growth it has enjoyed over the past two years.

“I have the utmost respect for the staff, the on-air talent and the dedicated leadership team, which I have sincerely enjoyed being a part of over the past three years, and I am now excited to embark on my next new challenge,” she said.

TEN And Southern Cross Media Program Deal For Northern NSW.

More:

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/southern-cross-television/360/89?u=tv.cynic

I am not sure where to put this but this is in the AFR.

Street Talk understands Telstra and News - and their litany of advisers - have spent some time considering whether it made sense for the much smaller Ten to acquire Foxtel and Fox Sports in a reverse takeover.

Thinking time at Foxtel sees Ten brought into picture

Admin: don’t quote entire articles

##ten And WIN Network Announce New Program Supply Agreement.

Ten Network Holdings (ASX: TEN) (“TEN”) today announced it had signed a new regional television affiliation agreement with WIN Network (“WIN”) to broadcast TEN’s premium content and channels across regional Australia.

From 1 July 2016, WIN will bring TEN’s highly successful local and international programming, including MasterChef Australia, The Bachelor Australia, Offspring, Formula One and the KFC Big Bash League, to regional viewers in Queensland, Southern NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory.

Reaching more than six million viewers across 23 markets around the country, WIN broadcasts to more of regional Australia than any other free-to-air television network. WIN is the most prolific producer of regional news bulletins in the country, with a long-standing commitment to providing local content and a local voice for its viewers.

TEN Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson, said: “We are delighted to announce our new agreement with WIN and that our unique and fresh content will reach more Australians through the WIN regional network.

“WIN’s strength in regional Australia, particularly its unmatched commitment to local regional news, combined with TEN’s growing audience will deliver a great experience for both viewers and advertisers.

“Ongoing collaboration between us will continue to strengthen our services and we look forward to a strong partnership for years to come,” he said.

WIN owner, Bruce Gordon, said: “As the largest and one of the longest-standing shareholders in TEN, I am absolutely delighted to formally partner with TEN in WIN Network’s markets throughout regional Australia.

“I am very confident in TEN’s strategy and resulting audience growth and look forward to working with TEN’s management and Board to continue to grow both businesses.”

WIN Chief Executive, Andrew Lancaster, said: “WIN Network is excited to be bringing TEN’s program line-up to regional Australia. Our viewers will get to enjoy TEN’s fresh and innovative programming and sport in high definition and our advertisers will get the benefit of a network whose audience is heading in the right direction.”

Under the new five-year agreement, WIN will pay TEN a higher affiliation fee than that currently paid under TEN’s existing regional program supply agreements.

No other details of the new agreement will be released.

2 Likes

Very brief report on TEN News Queensland tonight.

“Ten programs will be seen by a much bigger audience.”

2 Likes