Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Why do i feel a Sky News operating service will appear in the coming months…on Ten… or a formidable merge with TenSky… (i know , bashful thinking)

The article does state it could bring the Network out of administration , this could be a good thing? If true.

Sad thing is that is so true. I admit I was racist towards Waleed because he was muslim (I freely will admit that) which prevented me from hearing his opinions on certain issues. Not so much anymore, his editorials makes me pause and think.

2 Likes

Bashful? Dont be shy, mate. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They might end up combining resources for some things but they’d be mad to lose Ten’s own identity. They might end up allowing Ten’s fourth FTA channel to be Sky.

1 Like

At least you recognise that man :slight_smile: good for you to admit it

1 Like

Indeed.

Without fail… Daily Mail :unamused:

2 Likes

We will try and summarise the situation as best we can in this thread

8 Likes

What a ridiculous article.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I can’t believe that people still actually believe the rubbish they publish. One comment; “I for one will not be watching Sunrise anymore if Carrie Bickmore is taking over, I can’t stand her.”

Why can’t Daily Mail just vanish never to be heard of again?

19 Likes

IThe thing that’s really shot them on the foot is that the multi channels cost Ten a fortune to run. (Lost revenue) Apparently they split revenue between CBS for 11, which was a stupid idea and majority of the content on that channel is reruns.
For me the downfall of ten started in the News Revolution. They used to be the big event network - Big Brother, TBL, idol and recently Masterchef. Their news brand was respected and successful and they went overboard trying to “expand it” at a rapid rate and not slowly. I think ten really shot themselves in the foot moving Neighbours to 11 and axing and not resting Big Brother. The show would have still had life if they had given it a few years break.

They lost their mojo in taking risks and being a youth network that people wanted to watch, then by the time they realised they needed to start taking risks and be bold and exciting again it’s been too late and they have no money and the audience has gone elsewhere.

5 Likes

Regarding Murdoch and Gordon creating a voting block with their shares:

The agreement states neither Mr Murdoch nor Mr Gordon would solicit or encourage any takeover offers for Ten, or any debt or equity financing offers.

Interesting. I guess that they would want the network to recover before either tries to take over.

1 Like

Careful what you wish for…

…mappy may be inflicted on the rest of the country. :worried:

2 Likes

I hope this okay to post here, but I found this kinda funny that someone posted on Seven News Perth’s Facebook Page: :joy:

But Seriously, (no pun intended) as they did in the 70s and in 1990, hopefully Ten can pick back up in the long term.

7 Likes

As what happened in the early 90s, the only way for Ten is up

there was a article this afternoon saying that this may happen

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/what-went-wrong-at-network-ten/news-story/f81c50a91b464af536faf94bf328bfad

Good article. Exactly how the rot started.

7 Likes

Ironically in Ten’s upfronts, one of their taglines was

Growth, momentum and consistency have been the hallmark of Ten in recent years and that will continue in 2017

How’s that working out for you, Ten? Consistency in losses, perhaps…

5 Likes

False… it’s from news corp and Andrew Mercado is the sources of commentary. He has no clue what he’s on about it.

It wasn’t the news evolution… it was Murdoch abandoning the strategy of Falloon and Blackley. If they stayed the course they would be fine now.

4 Likes

It was a bad strategy to begin with. Trying to take on Seven and Nine was lunacy. And it went on for nearly 2 years so its not like they didn’t give it a chance.

1 Like

They didn’t.
It wasn’t promoted or supported properly.