Paramount Australia & New Zealand

One performs a lot better than both 7Two and 9GEM in all three demos.

6 Likes

Really? wow ok. I guess its just me who canā€™t stand anything it airsā€¦

Not sure who put that there, Iā€™ve been editing the page to update sourced information but it looks like an IP editor has thrown that one in there. Removing it now.

3 Likes

7TWO and 9GEM is pretty old skewing

Depending on these renegotiated output deals, they might not have any choice but to axe ONE and ELEVEN. Concentrate on fixing TEN.

False.

They need a massive benefactor- someone rich with a bottomless pit of money to buy it privately and off the stock market. Or a private equity.

Alsoā€¦they wonā€™t shut down Eleven. It is a JV and would exist seperate from the CBS output deal.

6 Likes

If youā€™re looking to blame somebody then maybe you should be looking in the direction of Lachlan Murdoch. People are questioning the conflict of interest after he got involved at Ten and then made an unreasonable content deal with Fox, which they couldnā€™t renegotiate.

4 Likes

I watch quite a bit of ONE because the amount of sport they have on that channel. Surely they wonā€™t shut down ONE, and also they only just acquired the rights to the football.

Well thatā€™s it then if Wikipedia says it :thinking:

18 Likes

The comments linking Waleed Aly to Tens voluntary administration are appalling to read. The ones who no longer watch Ten because of him and want the Bolt Report back on Ten are hilarious.

I cant help but think if Ten are better off without that particular audience in any circumstance. On the other hand if Ten contract out the news to Sky there will be a dedicated audience just waiting to watch their news on Channel Ten and might just turn the place around :relieved:

12 Likes

Iā€™ve even seen a few people tweeting that Ten hasnā€™t been the same since ā€œItā€™s A Knockoutā€ was axed - presumably referring to the '80s original rather than the failed and Maccas-subsidised Summer 2011-12 version. :open_mouth:

Personally, I still think not investing more in local news, local programing and the digital/online space a decade or more ago when Ten was riding high (rather than around 2010-11 when things really began to fall apart) was a massive failure by the network.

13 Likes

Agreed. Ten still have a very limited online presence, whilst Seven and especially Nine have massively upped their online portals for news, sport, TV and lifestyle in addition to VOD catch-up content, whilst Ten has been left in the dust through their own actions.

1 Like

Sad day for Australian television :disappointed:

3 Likes

Itā€™s OneTel all over again for the Packer and Murdoch boys.

7 Likes

Waleed Aly wasnā€™t even employed by Ten in 2011/2012 (when it went downhill).

Also, blame Nick Falloon, Grant Blackley, Brian Long and Lachlan Murdoch (foremost) for the collapse.

Starting with losing the AFL & news ā€œrevolutionā€ fail.

Changing the 6-7pm & launching Eleven also had major issues.

All the comments about The Simpsons today are laughable.

2 Likes
4 Likes

So much outrage and all of it is either with Waleed or The Simpsons getting canned.

I honestly love how they actually think Waleed is the sole reason for Ten going bust.

8 Likes

Had a feeling there might be some strategy still to come from billionaires Murdoch and Gordon.

5 Likes

I know itā€™s pretty disgraceful. Even I am looking at the feed, so much hate for one man. i DONā€™T like much of him but heā€™s more decent then say Andrew Bolt, Cfeffee and somebody elseā€¦

1 Like

Honestly the main gripe Iā€™ve seen is that he fails to mention ā€˜terrorismā€™. Like wtf heā€™s always talking about it and heā€™s a terrorism expert.

Ahh ignorance is bliss

4 Likes

Letā€™s not beat around the bush, itā€™s purely because heā€™s Muslim on TV, and some people canā€™t stand that.

Even if he said everything they wanted, theyā€™d still kick him when heā€™s down.

16 Likes