Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Haha

If the only approval you required was ACMA, then you could do this, it will be interesting if the likes of the ACCC would get involved though

That said, instability around future the legislative framework may scare off potential buyers, time will tell though

Please donā€™t touch Studio10; I need my daily dose of Sarah Joe Jess Ita and Ding Dong.

7 Likes

Ten will be fine :grinning: Iā€™m confident someone will want to buy their worthless debt . Praise to Jimbob!

I donā€™t want to see Ten network go under (I donā€™t think anyone here does) but if it did it could be a disaster for Australian television.

6 Likes

I find it hilarious that these social media commentators who ā€œnever watch anything on Ten because of Waleed and the Projectā€ somehow always seem to know about the content of the show and are offended by it. If they arenā€™t watching how can they be offended?

Anyway, no need to worry, Iā€™m sure that leftist ABC mob will roll out the red carpet for Waleed if he finds himself out of a job :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I do wonder what percentage of The Projectā€™s audience are hate-watching.

7 Likes

What are you talking about? He already has a job on ABC radio with The Minefield on RN and heā€™s a regular on Offsiders.

1 Like

Perhaps the next presenter of 7.30 - that should stir the haters - then they can be outraged all in one place :sunglasses:

2 Likes

LOL :stuck_out_tongue: So many hate for one manā€¦ Geez :stuck_out_tongue: But totally not relevant to the Ten Network Holdings thread though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

All I can think of is Robin Williams :joy:

We coulda had Jim Bob the Son of God!
singing* "Praise to him Jim Bob! He who finds his stuff then gets me a job. Jim Bob!

1 Like

I have his live cd! Thatā€™s where i got it from :stuck_out_tongue: Jimbob will give Ten a new lease on life! :stuck_out_tongue: aww

1 Like

Would any of the other bodies necessarily care? Most major media takeovers leave companies with licences they need to sell off but are still approved, so I would assume that the ACCC and others would just assume that the ACMA can handle the other side of things?

I obviously am coming at this from the assumption WIN will buy Ten, and that Parliament as a whole would be okay with that occurring, unlike a more controversial owner like News Corp.

The simplest thing is for ten and win to merge. Or win to take over in some sort of debt for equity tbing. Shame he 75% rule is preventing this from happening.

Dark times ahead.

1 Like

Could ten sell off the licenses for One and Eleven? Iā€™d love to see someone totally different buy one of them like Viacom, theyā€™ve got MTV, Spike, Comedy Central all on Fetch or even maybe Optus so they could air Optus Sports with all the additional add revenue generated by free to air television compared to normal subscription TV. Donā€™t want to see the death of 10, just needs to be a slim viable option.

TEN has to sell off the whole network if they wanted to sell One and Eleven.

Why would you want Australian channels completely controlled by American companies? Itā€™s bad enough how much American content they already have. The experience weā€™ve had with the content on Vice, Food and 9Life does not exactly prove this would be a good idea. Far from it.

1 Like

They can only sell of licenses for their metro markets, not individual channels. They could enter an exclusive program supply agreement similar to SBS Food Network and SBS Viceland, though their current deals with Fox and CBS basically parallel that.

Fairfax is reporting Ten will enter into voluntary administration

EDIT: Now confirmed by CEO Paul Anderson

8 Likes

Looks like it never went to air though.

3 Likes

Iā€™d imagine that itā€™s a staff briefing

4 Likes