Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

it’s the same show, she’s back everywhere.

I think it’s a reference to the bulletin being produced from Melbourne last night?

2 Likes

more an EP now rather than a ‘director’ of news

Well yeah the new news managers have a more on the tools approach than the old news directors that sat in an office all day.

1 Like

I think Ten should draw-up a contract for Caty Price and instill her as Melbourne’s new sport presenter on Ten News, after Brad McEwan departing (and Stephen Quartermain isn’t going back there).

After a decade at Ten Perth (started at the start of 2005) doing tons of reporting, she was on popular AFL show “The Western Front” when Ten had rights and fill-in presenting, let alone all the freelance work she’s done since leaving Ten in mid-2014 (Nine and recently Ten again but in Melbourne).

What do others think? Probably would be fairer for Melbourne or Perth members who know/have seen her to comment.

2 Likes

Personally I’m not a fan. She’s very shouty.

3 Likes

I doubt they will have two females at the desk. Most likely a male sports presenter to sit alongside Jen.

2 Likes

If they don’t appoint Rob Waters (who deserves it after his 20 years service there), if Caty doesn’t get it…

Maybe return Roger Oldridge (currently Ladbrokes in Brisbane and did Ten BBL), who’s been active about a lot of Ten goings on, on social media?

Ian Cohen who was at Ten Melbourne for many years (currently at Tennis Australia).

Both did lots of fill-in presenting at Ten Melbourne.

This is a stretch, but what about Rob Canning (formerly Sports Tonight presenter), although he’s in Sydney.

Tbh, could be one off 100 candidates in Australia, even a fairly unknown!

2 Likes

Nice to see journos being utilised in other ways, such as for V/O work. Ten’s Joe Hill recently did this video for VicRoads, summating Melbourne’s managed freeway systems (following completion of the umteenth Monash Fwy upgrade):

Former Ten journo Kathryn Robinson was used by VicRoads for one last year.

Lots of journos use their skills to make money on the side. Media training, corporate videos, public speaking…

I was quite impressed to see Andrew OKeefe utilise the broadcasting skills developed through his years on Sunrise spruiking Cadbury chocolate during the News last night.

5 Likes

Just recently I saw Adelaide sport presenter Nick Butler in a tire safety video for Bridgestone, on a tv at a petrol station.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Joe was working for the department at that point… and it wasn’t a side job while at Ten.

1 Like

I thought Joe Hill had been at Ten News (Adelaide/Sydney/Melbourne newsrooms) consistently for the better part of the last decade. Thought he may have taken one of the redundancies at some point but can’t find any evidence of that.

1 Like

You’re not thinking of John Hill are you?

he was. but he quit at the start of the year I think it was…

1 Like

He’s currently in Las Vegas covering the lead up to the Jeff Horn fight for Ten?

1 Like

yes. he moved to Brissy to fill Lachlan’s role two or three weeks ago and was sent to Vegas.

1 Like

Disappointed to see Jennifer Keyte being hounded by sneaky paparazzos hiding outside her house, watching her do her “chores”. Reminded me of Lisa Wilkinson after her shock departure from Nine, photos of her having to hide behind her car. Typical tabloid Herald Sun. I don’t think anyone cares.

3 Likes

Sadly Damon Johnston would think otherwise and would have analytics to prove so.

Photograped leaving her house :roll_eyes:exclusive interview with her in Sunday Herald Sun this weekend.

2 Likes