Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

He also did Sportsweek apparently nearly 30 years ago, and wasn’t it a 1 episode a week program.

That’s where I know him from.

Wasn’t Quarters also David Reyne’s fill in on 9am? Possibly the occasional GMA when Bert was off?

Sport’s his main thing, but has a few strings to his bow.

2 Likes

Yes. I actually used to prefer Stephen and Kim.

1 Like

Was that the same late Sunday night show with Eddie McGuire, sponsored by Big M (I don’t know how I remembered that last bit)

EDIT: I was right!

1 Like

Lia Harris…a new reporter in Sydney. I haven’t seen her before.

As mentioned here on 23rd April

She’s been reporting for ten daily also.

https://tendaily.com.au/authors/lia-harris

Ahhh thanks. Must’ve missed that.

1 Like

I remember when Ten lost the footy he was really upset about it and that Ten didn’t push harder to retain it.
I’d say he wants to be involved in sport again.
In my opinion just because you have been in the sport spot at the news desk on a bulletin shouldn’t mean you’re guaranteed the main presenters position. Could you imagine Ken Sutcliffe replacing Hendo in Sydney all those years ago? It just would have been odd.

I never found Quarters appointment right, he just doesn’t have the warmth of a main bulletin presenter. He’s great at what he does no doubt, but he was the only option remaining after Mal left to be honest.

6 Likes

Unfortunately that was stupid Murdoch’s fault because he thought he was in the hunt for NRL rights when he didn’t even stand a chance in hell. The litany of fuck ups since 2011 has been unbelievable to see.

Quarters should just stay at Ten. He’s been there for ages and as I’ve said before if any network thought they had a job for him they would’ve snapped him up ages ago.

4 Likes

Brisbane sport

3 Likes

I completely agree with those points.

Ken Sutcliffe presenting Sydney 6pm bulletins on Nine mightn’t have been quite as hilariously bad as Peter Harvey’s fill-in stint for a couple of nights in November 2010 (having an arm out to one side, etc.) remembering Kenny’s stint on Nine News Now around 2013, but yeah…

1 Like

Quarters could be poached by Fox Footy to replace Sandy Roberts if Sandy retires at the end of this season…

Stephen Quartermain fills in for Kate Stevenson on A Moveable Feast on 3AW this morning, but did not mention anything about his axing from the 5pm Melbourne bulletin. However he spoke to Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne before the show (according to co-host Ross Stevenson) and the interview will be in the paper tomorrow.

1 Like

And he’s doing wine tasting :joy: He loves it. Probably not a good idea, with the past few days, might not take much to get him tipsy or drunk! This also confirms how much Ross Stevenson loves Ten, especially Quarters :roll_eyes:

Stephan just needs to go with the flow. He’s a great talent and has plenty of options. If he doesn’t like what Ten is providing then head over to FOX Sports.

1 Like

What.

I mentioned the other day how Ross is a long time Ten News viewer and has freely interviewed regularly Mal Walden, Jennifer Hansen, Helen Kapalos, Stephen Quartermain, Mike Larkan, Brad McEwan, Christi Malthouse, Rob Waters over the years (as opppsed to Seven News / Nine News talent).

Including on Saturday’s A Moveable Feast hosted by Ross and usually his long time senior producer Kate Stevenson (no relation) - who was absent in place of Quarters today.

You’re probably forgetting that I’m a bit of a Ten News watcher myself over the years.

He loves Ten so much his show is on Seven? Perhaps they should consider changing the TV show’s name from A Moveable Feast to Biting the Hand That Feeds You.

I doubt he is a Ten fanboy. Just standing up for a mate he feels was hard done by.

2 Likes

Nope, I think that’s pretty clear for everyone on here to see / read.

4 Likes