Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

6 Likes

So in 6 months if there are new positions opening up… we’ll know that expansion is on the horizon.

3 Likes

Isn’t that what Matt White is doing these days? I think weeknight sport in Melbourne would probably be a better role for him.

4 Likes

This probably won’t happen anytime soon, but I personally Matt White would be a great sports presenter for Sydney’s 5pm news.

If you’re saying that weeknight Sport in Melbourne would probably be a better role for Stephen Quartermain then yeah, I agree.

3 Likes

I get that Mal is respected by all and good friends with Stephen. But he kind of needs to shut up with his commentary, I can honestly say that everyone probably knows that Jenifer is a better chocie.

Also in relation to his tweet Stephen may have been a “network ratings leader” but it’s not like ratings were high in the first place.

7 Likes

I don’t even understand how he was a network ratings leader.

5 Likes

Quartermaine was a weird choice to present the main news from day 1. Just as weird as Thommo taking 9 Perth.

Jen however is a perfect choice.

11 Likes

Sorry to Mal but with all respect to him (even though him and ‘Quarters’ are good friends), it’s true that Quarters is not the best newsreader and that’s why he was moved aside for a qualified, established newsreader.

Keeping Quarters at Ten would probably mean giving him more than just weeknight sports, it would probably also involve giving him some prominent roles around the network’s sports coverage (aka the face of Ten sports along with Matt White).

8 Likes

Probably a reference to Melbourne having the most Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five viewers of any of the five main metro markets. But that’s not saying much…

1 Like

So, let’s get this right. He needs to shut up with his commentary, but you can just keep on with yours? How can you “honestly say that everyone probably knows that Jennifer is a better choice”? How do you know that? For all we know, ratings may go down with Jennifer.

That’s your opinion. The ratings seem to be pretty good to me with Quarters. If we follow your argument, you could say Mal was “not the best newsreader” because he couldn’t say “phenomenon” and quite a few other bloopers.

Thanks Stephen.

9 Likes

His commentary commenced the day he finished at Ten, Mal has continually spoke out about how Tens newsroom was turning into a shambles and that they need to rebuild, he was not wrong about that either. But soon as Ten starts to rebuild its newsroom to add some professionalism and credibility all of a sudden Stephen is a victim of the “Ten Rollercoaster” and should not be targeted because “Ratings Leader”

Stephen was not fit for the news chair in the first place! Ten just did not want to allocate more money for another presenter especially in a financially turbulent time for the network when Mal Left.

Lets probably start with the fact that she was at the forefront of ratings success and has more credibility compared to a Sports Presenter turned Newsreader.

Now, If you weren’t so delusional maybe you would actually understand that my commentary has got nothing to do with anything said so stop trying to flip this around to make it personal.

If you don’t know by now, this whole site is about commentary of the Media… (majority of your comments are based around supporting the Ten Network so your comments don’t surprise me)

9 Likes

I mentioned it earlier in this thread. She’s had 30 years of experience as a news presenter, not a sport presenter.

In a conversation I had with family the other day, I mentioned Mal Walden, and they thought that he was still the anchor of Ten Eyewitness News, even though they watch the bulletin every so often. It might be just one person, but it goes to show how familiar people are with Stephen.

Then again in saying that, Ten had little to no promotion of their news service, so you could say that there was lack of familiarity.

6 Likes

I think so

And it wont be a blue horizon :joy::+1:

1 Like

That’s funny as!

1 Like

Paul ‘Fatty’ Vautin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is not fair to Matt White or Ten viewers outside Victoria. Please confine him to AFL and Melbourne bulletins.

Matt White is now Head of Sport for the network. Surely he isn’t seeking anymore on-air work.

Stephen Quartermain used to do the sport segment on The Panel 15-20 years ago and that was to a national audience. He’s more than capable on the national stage so your comments are perplexing.

1 Like