Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

The last few trips they’ve sent no one so this is a good sign. Would be traveling with the press pack on the prime ministers plane.

5 Likes

yes. paid for by our taxes…

1 Like

Eyeroll. The PM’s plane is far too small to carry journalists, there’s a handful of staff and that’s it. It’s the same size plane as you get going MEL - SYD. And it’s my understanding that media organisations pay their own way on the occasions a media plane is chartered - they all pool funds for the charter.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed on social media that happens a lot with entertainment reporters from Seven,Nine,Ten all returning from the US on the same flight.

1 Like

Entertainment junkets tend to be paid for by the movie/music production company, including travel.

Understand that happens but my example that l have noticed on social media is more to do with award shows in the US.

1 Like

Matt White is presenting sport this weekend .

11 Likes

About time he’s used a little more.

13 Likes

Even though the chances of this happening anytime soon are probably slim to none, surely I can’t be the only person who thinks Ten could do a lot worse than making Matthew White their regular/main Sports presenter for Sydney’s 5pm news?

7 Likes

What’s wrong with Matt Burke?

Matt Burke is an OK-ish sports presenter.

But I would’ve thought Matt White has a bit more name recognition in Sydney (and generally, to some extent), remembering that he was the main sports presenter on what was then the most popular TV news bulletin in the market for a few years in the mid-late 2000s…

4 Likes

Matt White deserves a national role, probably either in the mornings or late at night.

11 Likes

Finally, it’s good to see Matt doing something else with the network other than sports telecasts and hosting RPM.

6 Likes

Good stuff. Hopefully he is used more often or even used for a return of Sports Tonight? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

“It’s been a while since I’ve done this Hugh…“

https://twitter.com/channeltennews/status/967292065418690561

2 Likes

Since Ten is showing Adelaide 500, I wonder who will do sport next weekend then, considering Matt White will be anchoring the coverage. Unless if they go all cheap and have Matt hosting from a studio

Was he on set or infront of a green screen?

Yes he was on the news set with Hugh.

2 Likes

Former Brisbane and Sydney news director and chief of staff, TVNZ and Al Jazerra news director Ross Dagan is returning to Australia to head the news division.

4 Likes

Good to see more appointments and that clearly the cbs influence is investing expanding the news.

3 Likes