Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

It’ll be both of us mate

14 Likes

Former BBC journo turned freelance Rachel Cary, reporting for Ten News Melbourne tonight.

and former Channel 9 employee.

God they need to hire more people. Clearly they’re understaffed.

No news on anyone over in South Korea.

I saw they’re relying on seven footage yet again.

CBS need to get involved here. It’s amateur hour.

Um… They kinda need to legally?

1 Like

No I meant from some chopper footage of some accident

1 Like

no one going as I understand it. and i agree with that, there is little interest in the winter olympics (part of the reason it’s on it’s third broadcaster in twelve years.) any actual coverage (3 minutes maximum for the whole news) will be from Seven’s telecast.

I’m sorry but they should be covering it. At least one reporter. Ten really need to lift their game

It’s pointless sending 1 reporter.

You can barely do anything on the ground with the restrictions (no venue access, relying on AOC goodwill for interview access to athletes at off-site locations etc).

You really need a team to make it work, rights holder or not. If you’re going to send 1 person you may as well not bother sending anyone and just doing it back home.

7 Likes

nup, I dont agree. package it from home - focus on what matters at home.

1 Like

It’s well worth keeping in mind that the last time Ten had to cover a Winter Olympics (ie, Sochi 2014), they were the host broadcasters and probably had more resources in the newsroom(s) than they do now!

I have to agree that, given the current climate, there really is no point in having someone on the ground at the Winter Olympics. Voice overs are perfectly acceptable.

2 Likes

Amanda Hart returned to present weather tonight

2 Likes

Caroline Morano in Adelaide is now Caroline O’Dea.

Also new talent for the Sydney team?

Kimberly Pratt reporting tonight, appeared on Win News Illawarra as recent as Friday nights bulletin.

4 Likes

Possibly. Her Twitter profile refers to the @channeltennews account and includes a Network Ten email address.

Lachlan Kennedy’s newsreading has improved a lot since he first started.

1 Like

Tim Hipsley presenting sport again this weekend.

Amanda Hart returned from maternity leave this weekend.

3 Likes

Hugh Riminton is anchoring this weekend with Tim Hipsley in sport

1 Like
8 Likes

Phoebe Bowden is travelling with the Prime Minister who is in Washington at the moment, probably a paid trip one would imagine but good that they’re able to send someone nonetheless.

2 Likes