Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Still going through applications ive been told.

2 Likes

Good for Lee. Was a little bit shafted at 9 it seems.

3 Likes

This is probably a step forward in her career (probably couldn’t say that if she worked on the east coast). Lee is a good reporter who is very capable of filling-in on the desk.

2 Likes

Candice Wyatt will be filling-in for Stephen Quartermain in Melbourne this evening

3 Likes

Josh Holt is away in Brisbane, it’s likely Georgina will read the weather from the desk unless they get Kristina Costalos to present though I doubt that will happen.

2 Likes

Exactly, after the failed 9 Perth Morning News in March 2014 she was stripped of her roles on both 11am & 4:30 with Libby stone taken over. Never seen her fill in since then.

2 Likes

Hugh Riminton presenting in Sydney on Thursday & Friday this week.

2 Likes

Lachlan Kennedy is presenting news tonight.

3 Likes

Olivia Phyland on weather once again also.

4 Likes

Amanda Jason gave birth to her second child on the 18th January, almost a month before her due date.

2 Likes

I noticed Nicole Strahan has came back from her mat leave, as Nic was reporting on the news last night

Ten News Perth smashed 9 News Perth by 40k. Ten got back into 100k mark a couple of nights ago :+1:

11 Likes

Herald Sun reports in today’s print edition that Brad McEwan has decided to leave Ten after working there for nearly 20 years, to pursue other projects. Brad presented sport on the Melbourne bulletin and also alongside Sandra Sully on the late news (I will always remember the banter between the two). He will still be on air for another three months. Big loss for Ten.

11 Likes

Of course, Sydney & Brisbane viewers have also had Brad McEwan as their sports presenter on Ten’s 5pm bulletin in the past!

Presumably a current Ten Melbourne sports reporter will be given the position after Brad presents his final sport segment?

4 Likes

Ten should go after someone high profile rather than promoting from within. They need to build up there experienced ranks

2 Likes

Moving Stephen back to sport would be a good start and then hiring someone else with a bit of a profile to present the news, not that I can see that happening.

10 Likes

Caty Price?

Big loss for Ten.

I actually agree with you. Someone like Michael Felgate from Seven Melbourne would work well.

Move Quartermaine back to sport and rehire Kapalos.

14 Likes

Cheaper option (not that I can see either happening): Give Candice Wyatt her old newsreading position back, move Stephen Quartermain back to sport and hire a new news and/or sport reporter for Melbourne.

3 Likes