Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Caps? Video?

Check the Ten News twitter or Facebook account.

Don’t see a lot of Candice but there’s something about her cadence that doesn’t sit well with me.

Its good to hear your comments. I felt the same when she first started, but I’ve become use to her overtime. Hopefully her Sydney colleagues could maybe asset in her presentation.

Caps of Candice presenting tonight:

5 Likes

I didn’t think she was THAT bad. She’s quite competent presenter, there are plenty worse out there and plenty better.

3 Likes

Candice Wyatt presenting in Melbourne this week. Stephen Quatermain is still on holidays

4 Likes

She, along with Helen Kapalos, never shouldn’t been taken away from weeknight anchor.
Beats me why they chose to go with Steven Quartermain when she was dropped.

1 Like

Especially when none of Melbourne’s four main TV news bulletins have a female newsreader on weeknights - that’s pretty bad if you ask me.

3 Likes

Only the previous management before the previews management could explain that.

1 Like

Helen Kapalos certainly shouldn’t have been ditched considering Mal was nearing retirement. Candice Wyatt on the other hand needs to hone her skills IMO before anchoring in a permanent position.

7 Likes

She’s light years ahead of Steve Quartermain, who’s had 30+ years to hone his skills but still reads the news with the charisma of a wet piece of cardboard.

4 Likes

Candice also reading the weather forecast with Mike still on holidays.

2 Likes

Hugh Riminton presenting in Sydney with Matt Burke presenting sport and Amanda Jason presenting the weather.

1 Like

Georgina & Josh both back in Queensland tonight with Veronica Eggleton reading sports.

2 Likes

Alan Murrell is reading in Adelaide.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I love that Adelaide’s social account feels like it’s monitored by a real person, with regular updates as well.

Not like what we get in Brisbane with no local updates throughout the day except for posting the news updates as they air on tv, re-tweeting stories from the national account and then the major stories from the 5pm news.

Hopefully that may change in the near future with potential new resources for the news department.

6 Likes

Social media was centralised from Sydney…even for WA!

Nice CBS sticker on the side of the camera :wink: