Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

She’s currently chair of the Victorian Multicultural Commission.

1 Like

They would have known he was going to retire soon, I’m sure it was no secret to them, but despite all of Ten’s troubles he had always been deemed never to be sacked after the fallout from the last time that happened (from 7).

I thought they might have groomed George Donikian to take over from Mal but they bumped him around one too many times so he left

2 Likes

If you thought Ten Melbourne have made some news presenter mistakes, that’s absolutely nothing compared to what has happened here in Sydney post-2008!

Probably the biggest misjudgement of recent years was moving Ron Wilson & Tim Webster off Sydney’s 5pm news to the lesser watched morning news bulletins before being shown the door in one of the mass sackings. Closely followed in 2nd place was Ten letting go of Deborah Knight but like a number of people formerly from the Pyrmont newsroom, at least her media career has recovered nicely at Nine.

6 Likes

It was no secret Mal was going to retire within a year or two. Out of all the sackings at Ten, Helen’s was the most moronic.

3 Likes

Mal’s book explains a lot about the sacking… It was done poorly.

Well this is positive, Ten are recruiting for journalists/producers at all stations nationally including their Canberra Bureau

13 Likes

images

5 Likes

“These positions reflect the 24/7 nature of News and Ten’s commitment to around the clock coverage.” HAHA :joy:

10 Likes

Yes it is great news recruiting new staff but despite the owners some people just might be wary about joining Ten,considering how some people were treated in the past at this network.

4 Likes

Hint of things to come?
Channel 14 Ten Eyewitness news 24??:thinking:

1 Like

They’re owned by cbs now so maybe a little more security within this context. Let’s hope so anyway.

1 Like

Someone in HR clearly using a job ad template which hasn’t been updated in a while…

Anyway good to see nonetheless.

1 Like

Tonight is Georgina Lewis’ last bulletin for the year, I suspect we may see Lachlan Kennedy filling in for Georgie for the rest of the week until the national bulletins commence.

5 Likes

There’s also a bunch of positions being advertised for Ten Daily including news editor, news reporter, social editor, lifestyle editor etc.

“The position will work closely with the Ten News and broadcast teams, ensuring ten daily’s news coverage is high quality, on brand and supports the network and core news programs such as The Project and Studio 10.”

3 Likes

As I already posted in the ten daily thread the other day.

Was these bad sackings under the Paul Patrick leadership? When he was network news director?

How long has Nick Etchells been part of the Melbourne team?

Since Aug this year.

1 Like

He joined Ten in August this year.

1 Like

He did a live cross on The Project tonight. Certainly was a grab by Ten.

5 Likes