Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t think we’ll see ‘extra’ resources per say. I think there’ll be a stabilisation of the workforce - job security, filling positions left vacant during administration (there still is a hiring freeze on full time staff.)

Hugh Riminton presenting in Brisbane tonight.

8 Likes

When I was watching the opener, I thought we were receiving the Sydney feed; I was really surprised to see Hugh. Not sure why, but QLD is the only state the Ten fly their national presenters up to. We have had Matt Doran, Amanda Jason, Hugh Riminton and Lachlan Kennedy (when he was in Sydney). I even think Natarsha Belling did it once too.

8 Likes

Possibly because of the fact that they are really lacking enough talent to present their news? There’s only Georgina Lewis and Lachlan Kennedy as readers, while there’s at least a few more in Sydney.

10 Likes

That’s right, but is that acceptable? Why don’t we have talent?

Reporter Teagan George used to do news updates and read the weather, not sure why she stopped filing-in.

5 Likes

Teagan George is great. Don’t know why they don’t let her fill in. Amber Austin-Wright used to fill in also before she left.

3 Likes

Amber filled-in once IRRC during the Eyewitness brand, and did pretty good, despite the technical difficulites.

Obviously, in the Bill McDonald days there were heaps of fill-ins. Unfortuantely, Georgina’s main fill-in Lexy Hamiliton- Smith is now at the ABC. :cry:

5 Likes

As well as getting Sydney-based presenters to fill-in on the Queensland edition of Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five, hasn’t Ten had to fly Lachlan Kennedy and Josh Holt down to Sydney for fill-in presenting roles on the weekend news in the past?

That should tell you that Ten doesn’t have enough fill-in presenters for both their Brisbane and Sydney newsrooms! Hopefully once CBS takes over the network, additional resources will be given to the newsrooms to allow for the nurturing of news talent in all five major capital cities.

10 Likes

@nationalnews has Josh Holt ever presented a news bulletin?

4 Likes

Yep. Thanks to @TV.Cynic

3 Likes

Yep, When they massed sacked in 2014 they let too many fill in presenters leave! Dani Isdale is just one of them who had a great presenting style, also knew how to banter among other things!

11 Likes

Hopefully CBS at least give ten a fighting chance. A few more staff in the news room, nurture talent, a couple of new bulletins.

10 Likes

I agree, Late news should be revived for sure.

5 Likes

First replenish each of the newsrooms.
Make it gradual and over time, rather in one hit like the news revolution.

6 Likes

I think every member of this forum would be hoping those changes happen down the track.

5 Likes

Would like to see Ten give Talitha Cummins a go when CBS takes over

6 Likes

Hugh Riminton is presenting news with Jonathan Williams presenting sport tonight.

3 Likes

Stephen Quartermain is back presenting in Melbourne tonight.

2 Likes

Jonathan Williams reading updates this afternoon in Brisbane. My source said Josh is sick.

2 Likes
3 Likes