Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Ten have probably figured it’s cheaper to leave him in Brisbane and pay a camera/link operator to do a live cross rather than flying him down to Sydney and putting him up for the weekend with expenses etc.

Josh no doubt taking some styling cues from Paul Burt on 7 Gold Coast News last night with his choice of leather jacket tonight:

7 Likes

Monday (31.07.17) - Thursday (03.08.17): Lachlan Kennedy is still anchoring in Queensland.

Friday (04.08.17): Lachlan Kennedy is anchoring in Queensland with Veronica Eggleton on sport.

3 Likes

Hugh Rimmington presenting in Sydney tonight.

4 Likes

It was Police reporter Sharnelle Vella last day in the Melbourne newsroom today.

4 Likes

According to this. She is off to 7

3 Likes

She’s fled the sinking ship. Shame it’s to a sub par news organisation. Seven are virtually unwatchable.

6 Likes

Short answer - no, I’ve seen a lot of bashing of Ten (obviously due to their shit tier one-bulletin-a-day news service) and Nine News Qld lately.

Honestly compare the content you see on Seven, Nine and Ten.

• Nine (apart from Qld) has content that’s pretty informative and makes up an all-round ‘good’ news service. Their presenters aren’t robotic like Fergo (and to a point Mitch, Bill & Sharyn).
  • Ten (although it’s a skeleton) doesn’t do ‘consumer affair’ reports like Seven seem to do pretty often. Plus what they can do with Studio 10 when news breaks gives 9 News a run for its money.

Seven have made stupid mistakes (and ten too - revolution, axing bulletins (x4)), but by far they’re not the most hated network, I don’t think any network is hated. As been said before, networks should be criticised for dumb shit they do.

8 Likes

It’s just a poor news service compared to the others. They spend a lot of money and the product is unwatchable.

All networks cop a fair share of bashing on here. It’s a media critique site of opinion. Lavishing praise on a media company should be the last thing on people’s minds. But yes, seven really is pathetic with barely anything worth watching aside from the occasional highlight like this upcoming blue murder mini series.

6 Likes

Nine has good reason for not coping a lot of hate.
Look at their news service as a whole. They have spent a tonne of money investing in new sets around the country, including modernisation (HD - which really should’ve been something that happened a long time ago). Nine are the only service in Australia which provides local HD production in all capitial cities and regionally (except Darwin, but this is changing soon).
In saying this, we certainly do grill them, especially on their regional bulletins and with what’s going to happen in Darwin. Let’s not get started on Aldi! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ten has probably been grilled the most overall but I think it has just reached the point where we have stopped, because their management keep ‘cutting costs’. They are simply making do with what they have, and I think it is fair to say that Studio 10 is an excellent example. Kudos to @blackbox

Seven on the other hand, is a major player like Nine, and unlike Ten, yet some of their bulletins, including the bullshit they serve up in Perth, are just subpar considering what they are capable of.
They have no consistency set-wise; they are still mainly SD, they have some questionable presenters and their graphics (personally) are just crap.

But that’s just my two cents.

3 Likes

That most certainly sounds true. I believe a while ago @Lexington mentioned that Ten had planned on upgrading equipment in all states, as just one example, but obviously they were not able to.

2 Likes

Not quite sure what this has to do with TEN’s Presenters and Reporters? But in regards to your post, Mediaspy is merely a melting pot of opinions. Like what you like, who cares what others think?

OK then. Sorry for being unreasonable everyone.

Lachlan reporting from Rockhampton tonight

7 Likes

Adam Hawse presented sport in Sydney tonight and is back again tomorrow.

3 Likes

Georgina Lewis presented Queensland’s weather last night (Friday) as Josh was off.

I don’t know why they aren’t getting Kristina Costalos to do it anymore. Even get Teagan George or Lachlan Kennedy to do it, as TENFAF have a decent 5 minute weather block.

Kristina did a live cross from the newsroom at the top of the bulletin, so could theoretically have easily presented it I guess. I doubt that we’d see Lachlan presenting the weather to be honest and Tegan is on holidays overseas at the moment… Pretty skeleton staff around there at the moment so I doubt there’s much need for a fill in if it’s just a one night thing.

3 Likes

‘skeleton staff’? There’s one person away.

Amanda Hart’s last weather report before maternity leave

4 Likes

Hugh Riminton presenting in Sydney tonight.

2 Likes

Sandra at Audi Race Week on Hamilton Is. she should be back behind the desk to,orrow.

1 Like