Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I think that is understandable given she was demoted.

3 Likes

Fine to be peeved but unprofessional to make it so public.

4 Likes

where does it say this on Candiceā€™s twitter account

4 Likes

Start with ā€œformer co-anchorā€, add numerous tweets after she went back to reporting and replies to tweets.

1 Like

to be fair to Candice, there is no denying that whatsoever, as she was an anchor at one stage

2 Likes

Great point, literal meaning is definitely what we should be focusing on instead of intent and context.

4 Likes

Yes she was, as were Lachlan Kennedy and Hugh Riminton. The difference is they handle their demotion with greater dignity.

3 Likes

Jeez looking through her Twitter replies sheā€™s pretty unprofessional a lot of the time - she really needs to avoid replying to trolls/idiots etc. Not a great look.

2 Likes

Itā€™s quite unprofessional but I think she doesnā€™t seem to care since people know Ten is probably on the road to be shutting down so she doesnā€™t care.

1 Like

One major difference in Melbourne compared to Sydney and Brisbane: Since Ten reverted back to single newsreaders in the three biggest markets, thereā€™s no female newsreader on any of Melbourneā€™s weeknight TV news bulletins. Thatā€™s pretty bad for 2017, if you ask me.

Aside from that point, of course I agree that itā€™s unprofessional conduct on Candiceā€™s behalf.

2 Likes

Candice presenting again tonight in Melbourne.

1 Like

What exactly is wrong with her Twitter feed? I just had to look a loooong way back to seeā€¦ nothing?!

1 Like

Did you check the ā€˜Tweets & Repliesā€™ tab?

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

Stephen Quartermain is back presenting in Melbourne tonight.

1 Like

Thought Iā€™d point out that tonight Stephen read the weather. Mike was absent.

Hugh Riminton presenting in Sydney tonight.

2 Likes

Mike was also away last week with Candice reading the weather forecast on Monday & Tuesday and Stephen Wednesday - Friday.

3 Likes

Josh Holt is presenting weather tonight.

2 Likes

Interesting to note that it was live from Brisbaneā€™s Teneriffe festival.

https://twitter.com/joshholtten/status/881056402684260352

4 Likes