Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

The problem is, there is no platform for Tens talent to progress into.

2 Likes

Bring back Sports Tonight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Natarsha Belling is back presenting news this weekend with Matt Burke presenting sport on Saturday with Adam returning on Sunday,and Amanda Hart presenting weather this weekend.

2 Likes

Georgina Lewis is back tonight in Queensland.

Brad McEwan is now a regular guest discussing sport on 3AW breakfast with Ross Stevenson and John Burns on weekdays (Herald Sun’s Jon Anderson had the spot for the last few years). Ross and John is the most listened breakfast show in Melbourne so Brad’s spot will only increase his exposure (and hopefully more people will tune in to the 5pm news later). He is on at 6.25am and 7.25am.

3 Likes

Which bulletin is Natasha presenting on ABC?

I’ve seen her doing some Saturday or Sunday late afternoons

3 Likes

Candice Wyatt on location at Fed Square tonight, Jimmy Wirtanen also over the site.

Special vigil getting underway in ~30min

5 Likes

Herald Sun reports that the 5pm weekday bulletins in each state will now have only one presenter, meaning Candice Wyatt (Melbourne), Hugh Riminton (Sydney) and Lachlan Kennedy (Brisbane) will leave the news desk and become senior reporters.
That is disappointing. Ten should instead be recruiting people to be reporters.

1 Like

Yep, as mentioned in the Content thread - the news release.

Personally, I don’t mind the idea of single anchor bulletin however it seems beyond ridiculous when they only recently put both Lachlan and Candice on, along with great publicity. And who said Ten was improving?

2 Likes

Actually, a good move as far as Sydney is concerned. Sully and Riminton are a terrible combination. The bulletin flows much better when either one presents by themselves.

Riminton returning to political reporting is excellent for the network. Melbourne should have been fronted for the past 3 years by Helen Kapalos. Quartermaine is a sports presenter, not a news reader. Wyatt has improved but the double header hasn’t been a great success.

Brisbane is the only location that the double header has worked IMO. Lewis and Kennedy are a solid team.
With the three returning to reporting. it beefs up the reporting ranks which can only be a positive.

For once Ten aren’t totally destroying the news department. In reality, it has probably strengthened it.

8 Likes

I know I’m going to be in a very tiny minority of people to think so. And yes, I realise that you need to have at least one female presenter on the team these days.

But personally, I think that Ten should’ve chosen Hugh Riminton to present Sydney’s news solo instead of Sandra Sully. There’s no doubt that Sandra Sully is a competent newsreader (some would say the most iconic newsreader currently presenting on Sydney TV, but personally I think that title belongs to Peter Overton) but with the amount of time she takes off, I would’ve thought that Sandra would be better building her national profile and popularity on the weekend news.

Ten’s Sydney news needs consistency, they’re not going to get it when their lead presenter is frequently absent from the bulletin! And don’t even get me started on Ten’s absolutely horrendous Sydney weather presenter…

1 Like

I’ve been very critical off the amount of time she takes off. But, as she has said herself, when you’ve been in a job for 25+ years, you clock up an awful lot of long service leave wich she is encouraged to take.
Ten certainly had no issue with MacDonald taking time off on the Late News. He was there less than the fill in presenters, which IMO attributed greatly to the revamps failure.

4 Likes

And it is probably better that she isn’t absent for say 6-12 months of long service leave at one time instead have a few days off here and there.

2 Likes

Quite bizarre that Sandra Sully worked right up until December 22nd, had 2 weeks off, returned for a week then went on holidays again.

I suppose she can use her leave how she likes- I don’t think we should pick apart elements of her off screen life.

4 Likes

Agree on the Melbourne point. Too many awkward moments with the double header, if you caught the moments with Steven cracking ‘Mike Larkin’ jokes during the weather the other week with candace, it was car crash tv.

3 Likes

Caught tonights Perth bulletin for the first time in a long time and there are so many new faces. Also Caty Price (ex sports reporter and presenter now freelancer) reported on a news story but her reporting style was still very ‘sports’ sounding which made the story about a home invasion sound like a joke.

Gosh I remember the days when Charmaine Dragun presented Perth’s news from Sydney. She was a great anchor with so much potential. Still miss her reading Perth’s news (even though Narelda is fantastic). R.I.P Charmaine

4 Likes