Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Kimberley was asked on twitter when she was returning from maternity leave she said early next year.

Hermione did 2013.

1 Like

Wish they still had the Late News bulletin, like tonight for NYE.

I remember Belinda Heggen presenting 2008, Helen Kapalos presenting 2009 & I think Jacqueline Maddock presenting 2010. None after that.

Seven and/or Nine have late night updates until around the 11pm period donā€™t they, most nights?

Last night Jess Keily kept saying Dan Christianson when it is only Dan Christian. It was not once but twice in the same segment.

@LukeMovieMan you knowledge of Ten News is always impressive mate.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t think it is ideal when Lachlan Kennedy presents national news for weekdays all this week. Just shows Ten is so short on staff that it canā€™t find someone other than Quartermain or Wyatt to read the Melbourne bulletin.

No it is not ideal but the staffing issue goes beyond on air talent.

One would think the main presenter (Tarsh) wasnā€™t available to present the national news bulletin for a week or even Kimberley Soekov who is due to return to Ten in the new year. Quartermain goes on hiatus (I think) over the summer and Candice Wyatt who hasnā€™t presented a national bulletin in her life

Not really.

Former fill-in Yasmin Paton could easily read it.

Iā€™m sure Joe Hill or (as weā€™ve seen during updates) Georgina McKerrow would do an alright job.

Itā€™s a national cost-cutting & succinct measure by Ten.

Otherwise someone for QLD, South Australia & WA would also need to be found.

In a way, Quarters & Candice donā€™t go on holidays as much as Seven & Nineā€™s stalwarts, so itā€™s deserved.

Tarsh is most likely on leave because of her extra stints as Studio 10 host.

In QLD, do networks still have three bureaus (on the Gold Coast, on the Sunshine Coast - Maroochydore & northern qld - Townsville)? @lexington

I remember Ten News did, at least until around 2011 (the major floods).

Sarah Horsley (Townsville), Simon Hooper, Bianca Stone & Nicky Hayden (Gold Coast) & Matt Neagle (Sunshine Coast).

Ten QLD use to have so many reporters prior to 2012, probably more than any other market.

I know ABC News QLD have these bureaus. Not sure either about Seven or Nine (but they have Seven Local & WIN available to them anyway).

Ten did have Townsville and Sunshine Coast until around 2013 I think.

As for the Gold Coast thereā€™s only a VJ and a cameraman.

1 Like

Thanks Lexington.

I remember around 2012 there was a new video journalist lady & cameraman in Townsville.

Wasnā€™t Chris Campey (now 7 News Ipswich Bureau VJ) based in Townsville for TEN pre cutbacks?

1 Like

LukeMovieMan, youā€™re thinking of Melissa Van Der Haak, when she left Chris Campey joined before he was offered a camera job at the Gold Coast bureau during the 2013 redundancies (I think it was) ā€¦ Chris then took the job at 7 to be a VJ again.

1 Like

Amanda Duval anchoring this weekend with Amanda Hart on weather duties. Brad McEwan is still on sport.

1 Like

Am I right by thinking Seven News & Nine News donā€™t have bureaus on the Sunshine Coast or Northern QLD, because of Seven Local / WIN affiliates?

Or am I wrong.

Probably the wrong thread for this, but

Sevens News have a Studio in Maroochydore as they have a Seven Local News bulletin for the Sunshine Coast but also produce local news/content for Toowoomba, Cairns, Wide Bay, Central Queensland & Townsville.

WIN covers those respective areas rather than 9, however not sure about a bureau of sorts in those areas.

AFAIK Nine and Seven rely on their affiliates to cover anything north of the Sunshine Coast and west of Ipswich ā€¦ unless itā€™s a significant story of state interest.

1 Like