Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

1 Like

Interesting that Paul Bongiorno is promoting Ten News again, it’d be good if Ten got him back after being made redundant 4 years ago during the News cuts period in 2014.

1 Like

I feel he enjoys the fact he can say what he likes and lean to the left more.

1 Like

Each to their own but I think Paul is pretty fairly balanced (at least on screen, because apparently his twitter account is different) when it comes to political reporting. Certainly better than the mob on Sky News who shamelessly self-promote their ‘loss of free speech’.

That’s a loaded comment if ever I saw one.

I really don’t care how political reporters vote just as long as they’re impartial from an on-air perspective and aren’t afraid to ask the tough questions (because you know, that’s how journalism is supposed to work).

Anyway it’s great to see Ten break a major Federal Political story and dare I say it, one which may not have been broken by them if News Corp got their hands on the network instead of CBS.

6 Likes

Probably not because Hugh would’ve been sacked like the rest of the news department as they would be getting their news from Sky.

Ten should try and poach David Speers to head up their canberra bureau and really stick it to sky.

4 Likes

What do you mean? Merely relaying the truth.

Anyway we’re getting off-topic again. Good to see Ten improving their news service, they once had a good reputation for news and they need to get back to that.

2 Likes

At far as I understand, Paul still consults for Ten much like Peter Meakin does so not surprising he would know or be promoting Hugh’s story.

1 Like

I could never see him returning as political editor considering his very partisan social media presence post-Ten.

1 Like

Maybe as a first step, they could take a regional news model to their weekend bulletins and record local windows.

1 Like

Caty Price back on the desk in Melbourne tonight (and for the next few nights).

3 Likes

Stephen is having a short break in New Zealand, he will be back on Monday next week.

4 Likes

Lachlan Kennedy is back in Canberra, his old stomping ground to cover the leadership spill for Studio Ten.

Amanda Hart presented weather in Sydney on Thursday & Friday this week.

1 Like

(24/8/2018) Lee Steele presenting in Perth tonight. Lachy Reid presenting sport.

3 Likes

Rebecca Morse for hit107 Adelaide?

https://amp.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/confidential/rebecca-morse-and-andrew-cosi-costello-favourites-to-fill-newlyvacant-hit107-brekkie-radio-slot/news-story/7ab79d7944bbec45c0471c9cc5de68f6

1 Like

Hugh Riminton interviewing British author Afua Hirsch at the Canberra Writer’s Festival, National Library of Australia.

2 Likes

Presenters this weekend -

Sport- Caty Price
Weather - Georgia Love

2 Likes

He is still very much associated with Ten … so, former Ten News political correspondent Paul Bongiorno interviewing The Australian’s Greg Sheridan about his book God is Good at the Canberra Writer’s Festival, Old Parliament House.

3 Likes