Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

That just made me wee myself! :astonished:

The Sydney/National Sports team is really lacking. They need some more presenters.

2 Likes

I’m surprised she has stuck around this long, as apart from a few brief stints amongst the various morning programming Ten has given a shot at and the odd episode of The Project she has occupied the same position at Pyrmont for close to 2 decades now.

2 Likes

Sandra and Brad, the dynamic duo.

5 Likes

Interesting comments from both Lee Lin Chin and Ross Dagan following her departure from SBS…

https://tendaily.com.au/news/a180726kpi/exclusive-lee-lin-chin-quits-sbs-20180726

“However, I’d like to point out that once a newsreader, always a newsreader. I would be very happy to read the news on a casual basis in the future if someone were willing to have me. Let me know if you need a break, I’m sure I could give Ten a ratings boost.”

“Noted,” says Ross Dagan, Ten’s Network Director Of News Content.

Also towards the end of the article too…

She is adamant she is not retiring but has decided to quit.

"Retirement is death and I don’t plan to die anytime soon”, says Lee Lin.

She won’t be lost to us for long.

Watch this space!

5 Likes

Shouldn’t the fact there’s even an article on Ten Daily (and from Sandra Sully, no less) about Lee Lin Chin’s departure from SBS World News be something to think about?

8 Likes

Should definitely get her on The Project as a guest fourth panelist asap.

4 Likes

My suspicions as well! :wink: I wonder what’s next for her…

Interesting development, especially for Ten to break the story.

1 Like

Perhaps. But Sandra has appeared in a few Lee Lin skits over the years and shared a wine or two.

On a side note, Brad needs to return to his old presenting gig at Ten Sydney permanently. Once again tonight, Sandra and Brad shine.

6 Likes

Tonight

9 Likes

OMG GET FKING HYPED!!!

Lee Lin on Late news or her own talk show and I’ll tune in.

7 Likes

Perhaps she’ll cameo somewhere in pilot week.

2 Likes

Here here! Hopefully he will be on the Weekend News with Tarsh… they have fantastic banter also.

4 Likes

Fantastic to have the band back together for the rest of the week. Sandra & Brad definitely have some of the best chemistry in Australian TV history.
That said, Matt Burke has also come along way since he started in the role and can definitely hold his own these days.
It would be great to see Brad take the weekend sports role as well as being Matt’s primary fill-in.

6 Likes

(26/7/2018) Lee Steele presented weather in Perth tonight.

vlcsnap-2018-07-26-20h22m29s130vlcsnap-2018-07-26-20h22m48s151

vlcsnap-2018-07-26-20h23m03s062

https://youtu.be/0d_xqghS6lI?t=56m

5 Likes

I still find the sitting presentation for weather really strange, it’s just such a interactive presentation usually that it’s hard to understand why someone would want to just read out some numbers without actually being on screen :man_shrugging:t3:

I know they are short on space there in the new Perth studio but surely they could put a green screen somewhere like Brisbane / Sydney (for the national news) or so it on location like Melbourne & Adelaide usually do…

6 Likes

It originally went to sitting as a result of the news getting read out from Sydney. Why they never went back to a more traditional weather presentation when they moved back to Perth, who knows.

They’ve done the bulletin out of Perth for 10 years now and nothing has changed, so can’t see them moving to a different presentation format anytime soon.

1 Like

why? what actual benefit is there over a standing vs sitting presentation?

he always mumbles when it comes to the best bit of the banter smh