Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Excuse my previous bad language. What I previous tried to say was:

Ratings clearly does not always reflect how good a news anchor is. Jennifer has years of experience reading news, while Quarters excels in sports, but not news. It doesn’t matter if Quarters outrates Sully or Jen is ratings leader or anything.

3 Likes

Seven News Melbourne gets more viewers than Nine News Sydney, therefore Peter Mitchell is a better anchor than Peter Overton…

The logic on these boards is astounding sometimes.

3 Likes

I preface this response with my original comment:

However, comparing viewer numbers between markets that are different sizes and have different viewing patterns distorts the situation. A fairer comparison is what percentage of news viewers in each market choose Ten. In that case, there is no difference between Ten Sydney and Melbourne.

However, here are some absolute numbers, that you can choose to believe or not. They are based on the ratings numbers that I post every day of the year and keep tables for average audiences for all news bulletins.

Average Ten News audience this year:

Sydney 109,000
Melbourne 122,000

Melbourne has 10.6% more than Sydney.

Percentage of people who watch a major news bulletin (7 + 9 + 10 + ABC) who choose Ten:
Sydney 13.9%
Melbourne 13.2%

5 Likes

OK but that looks like 122,000% more than Sydney to me, if I got my maths right. Is that from January 1?

Yes, exactly (which I didn’t say, by the way). I also find the “logic” of people who say things like Quartermain is not a “good newsreader” - whatever that means - because well just because… quite odd too. Watch this space to see if Jennifer lifts or drops his ratings.

The next person to post the percentage symbol will receive massive violence.

7 Likes

7 Likes

I would say whatever led to that GIF was the massive violence if not for the atrocity that was done to Ten in 2014. *sizzle? *

21/06/2018:

Hugh Riminton anchoring Sydney news.

4 Likes

Hugh looking extra dapper lately

2 Likes

Jennifer will be great for Melbourne,Stephen is great at sports but boring and has in turn made me turn off so a new presenter will only further increase Ten Melbourne’s dominance

2 Likes

[Citation needed]

5 Likes

You mean ratings

[Citation needed]

I hope someone is recording tonight’s Eyewitness News Melbourne bulletin :stuck_out_tongue:
@ScreenTower ?

3 Likes

That one is on my schedule tonight @Nicholas. It should be up a little bit later than normal when the World Cup copyright gets edited out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jenn doing the media rounds in Melbourne today for those interested in tuning in.

1 Like

Do you have any details?
I know she is on the The Project tonight but don’t know about her radio spots today.

2 Likes

3AW with Neil Mitchell

MMM’s Hot Breakfast

5 Likes

She was also on Nova 100