Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

let me grab a promo from 5 years ago and hold it up as an example of what Channel 10 will do this time.

sigh.

2 Likes

Got to say Lexington, you’ve surprised me in recent months. Always liked you’re neutral, ‘insider’ grabs, but you’re being overly Ten supportive at the moment!

I thought the promo linked was relevant, as things haven’t changed a whole lot, it was only 2013

2 Likes

I think the “Jennifer Keyte returns to Ten Eyewitness News” angle with her saying things like “after spending time in other newsrooms, it’s nice to be home” and relevant archival footage (If Ten Melbourne still has footage in their archives of Jennifer Keyte presenting the news) might work quite well! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

All this “going home” crap evokes visions of Keyte driving into the old Nunawading carpark and walking into the building to find scraps of paper and tumbleweeds rolling down the halls. She was only there for five years and it hardly defined her career. It’ll take a long time for viewers to shake the association she has with Seven.

If I went back to the place I worked 30 years ago I’d consider that I had been sent to purgatory.

4 Likes

That. And I also don’t understand exactly what they are doing - especially when Quartermain rates well, as I said pretty simply yesterday. Still, maybe they think she can attract a certain demo. But with a sole hour, and in fringe prime-time (5-6), I expect bugger all effect.

I hope they update the set and ditch "eyewitness " for the launch

1 Like

Fair warning to viewers of Ten’s Sydney bulletin, especially the weather, Friday is Take Your Dog to Work Day :dog:

9 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Cue the obvious culprits (although we do need Bailey to keep pumpin it out on Prime).

2 Likes

I think Tim is still on holidays this week.

5 Likes

it just gets beyond a joke after a while. Nothing is going to happen immediately… get used to it.

As for that promo, that was before another raft of redundancies… a new news model and the company being placed into administration.

1 Like

they won’t.

If I have 100 blocks and you have 50% more than me, you would have 150 blocks if you had 100% more than me you would have 200 blocks not the same amount as me. So therefore if I’m rating 116,000 100% more than that would be 232,000

2 Likes

Fingers tightly crossed!

Amanda Hart presented Sydney’s forecast tonight, so I’d imagine that she’ll be in tomorrow & Friday.

Tim Bailey must be slightly devastated about not being able to participate in “Take Your Dog to Work Day” this year by bringing Surfie to Pyrmont! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

150 is 150% of 100. Pretty simple.

Look, if I wanted maths, I’d go to a maths forum.

8 Likes

Compared to what? citation needed

1 Like

You’re both correct, now let’s move on.

I suspect nothing will change with the Melbourne bulletin straight away, especially given the lack of promotion for Keyte’s new position

2 Likes

However, 150 is only 50% over 100. Your post did say “over” not “of”.

In any case whatever you meant you were wrong either way; as has been pointed out, the real number is 10%.

2 Likes

And here ends the maths lesson :nerd_face:

7 Likes