Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Keyte was filming on air promotions for Ten today.

11 Likes

It feels rushed…

The article says she starts Monday. :slight_smile:

Why not? Is it correct or not?

Mon 18th 116,000 172,000 = 149%
Thur 14th 93,000 130,000 =140%
Wed 13th 101,000 142,000 = 140%
Tue 12th 91,000 141,000 = 155%
Thu 7th 93,000 131,000 = 141 %
Tues 5th 111,000 131,000 = 118 %

I think your maths might be slightly off there Jens.

If Melbourne was 149% higher than 116,000 then they would be rating about 290,000 not 172,000

7 Likes

I think someone needs to check their calculations there :thinking:

Try about 32.5%

1 Like

Yes, I know that. All I said is what I said. People can read whatever they like into it. I’m not meaning to imply anything about general Melbourne audiences. I’m just stating the bare facts of the numbers. It’s not a comment on Sandra Sully. What I said was - Quarters rates, like, 150% over Sandra Sully on a typical day.

It’s not correct. The average difference in viewers between the two bulletin across this year is about 10%.

However, comparing viewer numbers between markets that are different sizes and have different viewing patterns distorts the situation. A fairer comparison is what percentage of news viewers in each market choose Ten. In that case, there is no difference between Ten Sydney and Melbourne.

5 Likes

149% of 116k is 172k

I don’t know how you got 290k :thinking:

Maths lesson: 20 IS 200% of 10. 20 is a 100% increase FROM 10. Once you start comparing numbers to measure gain, you take the 1s off jens’s percentages.

Inversely, we say that Sydney has roughly two-thirds the viewers of Melbourne watching 10 at 5pm. Algebra is next.

Side note: As a Yankee, I find it interesting TAM calculates raw population (from what I understand from a SCA doc) while Nielsen does the households thing.

2 Likes

no it’s not correct, and two) because it’s like comparing apples and oranges — they are different markets with different viewing habits, different total audience sizes and different demographics.

I wouldn’t necessarily say they are like comparing apples and oranges.

They are our two largest television markets. They are our two biggest markets for television production. They are the two markets where arguably the highest profile network personalities are. They are two cities which are highly competitive in many ways - and TV ratings is but one of them.

Also the gap between 7 & 9’s Melbourne and Sydney bulletin is much smaller.

righto.

You’re being a pedant. Change the word over to of. Yes they are different markets.

I get it you disagree.

But you would be safe to assume there would be a friendly rivalry between the network’s NSW & VIC bulletin, and bragging rights for whoever that winner is.

It’s a Melbourne Sydney thing… you wouldn’t understand. :joy:

Confirming what we know already

16 Likes

She looks great! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great. Anyone spotted any promos today? Tonight during MasterChef best chance in Melbourne before Monday.

But knowing this 10sec effort is what Ten did for Mal Walden only days out from his emotional retirement, don’t expect much: https://youtu.be/KpvGnqq8vgo

2 Likes