Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Freelancer is a former Seven Townsville/Sunshine Coast reporter. Left the network to move to London in 2016.

not to me. use what you can to minimise cost.

do they still get a reporter on the ground?

I only just recalled that at the 2014 World Cup, Ten withdrew from the pooled satellite arrangements for coverage of news footage to save money. It was only a week or so after extensive cuts to their news.

You’d think they’d have some type of lead-up advertising if this was true… But we’re talking about TEN :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They may be constrained about what they can say and do due to the presence of a certain other anchor…

3 Likes

it seems Matthew Howard has made his way all the way back to the TEN Brisbane stable, as the Gold Coast reporter.

Herald Sun says it’s Monday

6 Likes

Anyone able to view the full article?

I won’t pay for anything News Corp :unamused:

3 Likes

The worst thing is that they got rid of the work-around for viewing the articles Lol

yeap. a new sport journo to come in the next week or two I believe, plus Georgina McKerrow…

4 Likes

meh. I’m happy to miss reading their articles if they’re going to force me to pay. I’ll wait till other news sources run with it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The Herald-Sun article states Quartermain is taking pre-planned leave and hasn’t come to an agreement with the network about a future role. Ten is still hoping he’ll reconsider reading sport on the bulletin when he returns.

I don’t pay for News Corp product, either. Let’s just say I do the digital equivalent of reading the newspaper of the person seated next to me on the train. Daily Mail will probably have a rehash of the article within hours.

6 Likes

I don’t know, it just doesn’t sound thought out.

A bit odd. Change reader. Same bulletin. Same programming. For what? Quarters rates, like, 150% over Sandra Sully on a typical day. They need Jen at 5, 6 and 9:30 if they are going to make any impact in this day and age.

[Citation needed]

1 Like

hahaha, 150%. you can’t compare different markets.

Melbourne has the highest amount of Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five viewers, but every TV network gets the largest numbers for their news services in that market.

Last I checked, Ten is home to Melbourne’s 4th most watched news. Stephen Quartermain is hardly on the same level as the two Peters on Seven/Nine or even Ian Henderson (+ regular fill-ins) on the ABC.

1 Like

Closer to 10%.

2 Likes

Are ten Melbourne promoting this?

Or just hoping the free press in news Corp will let viewers know.