Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

not quite true. the Horn camp would’ve paid for Joe’s trip… hence the easy decision to send the crew.

As I said before, there is nothing that a journo on the ground can add that they can’t receive from the press offices of the clubs — look at all the Cricket Australia vision used by the networks… AFL clubs? League clubs?

You lot seriously get so wound up by decisions ten makes or doesn’t make that you’re blind to the others. Just because CBS bought them doesn’t mean there’s a sudden magic pot of gold to dip their frequent flyer cards into — I’d much rather see news about the William Tyrel investigation, two crews sent, or the Singapore Summit, one crew sent.

Get some perspective, soccer is sport which will never get priority on field trips.

4 Likes

This is quite frankly, bullshit.

The supplied vision should be a last resort. Otherwise you’re allowing the suppliers to control the narrative by not including answers they don’t like to questions they don’t like (injuries, form, other controversies). The role of a journo is to cut through the spin rather than cheerlead for a team. To say they could do the same job at home as they could on the ground is ludicrous. Every time I see a network using supplied vision it makes me think they’re cheap.

The holding of the FIFA World Cup is not a surprise, it’s been in the calendar for a while and we’ve know Australia is going since late last year.

We all know Ten (and all media) are under financial strain but some events you have to take the hit on. This isn’t a CBS issue, it’s a planning issue.

7 Likes

And yet most clubs are now forcing VNRs on newsrooms and not allowing news cameras to attend training sessions.

I haven’t seen one shot from the Australian cricket team’s training that’s not been supplied by CA.

It’s a fact of life these days.

1 Like

Slightly off topic, ABC has sent European correspondent James Glenday to cover the World Cup.

Totally agree with you. Its also getting to the point where afl teams will shoot their own press conferences and hand it out to the networks. In that case the networks think ok…we just wont give you as much publicity anymore which some newsrooms are quite happy about.

1 Like

the QLD AFL teams barely get a look in…

We have AFL teams?!

1 Like

Jennifer Keyte will be interviewed on The Project next Friday night.

7 Likes

It’s surprising the AFL don’t pay for a guaranteed nightly 3 minute content block for the northern markets…

I expect Jennifer’s first night presenting will be on Monday 2 July with Stephen finishing up in a couple of weeks time.

2 Likes

Saturday -
Matt Burke is presenting sport from AAMI Park.

2 Likes

Ten had to use a freelancer Eamonn Ashton-Atkinson to cross live to Kazan and do a report on the Australia game.

Well there you go they needed a reporter and should’ve just sent one of their own. At least they did cover it with an Australian voice and short live cross.

2 Likes

Sunday -

Josh Holt presenting the weather on location in Brisbane.

Jonathan Williams presenting sport.

2 Likes

who cares who the journo is…

1 Like

I feel like the Weekend team is barley all on together… When one of them is on the other two are off.

4 Likes

4 Likes

@Lexington Are they looking for a new weekend sports presenter?

I think it’s clear though, Ten should have sent a local crew over. Not just just for News, but for all network programming etc.

It’s warranted.

4 Likes

So Georgina McKerrow has now confirmed that she is moving back to TEN Brisbane via Instagram

What’s wrong with using a freelancer though?

2 Likes