Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Yes, since he has control over radio (Nova) and print (News).
He cannot be in a position of control (ownership or directorship through Newscorp) over Ten until the 2/3 rule is abolished.

He is currently very close to the 14.9% limit through his person holding in Ten (7.68%) and 50% control of FOXTEL who own 13.68%.
This info graphic shows this: http://www.acma.gov.au/~/media/Diversity%20Localism%20and%20Accessibility/Media%20ownership/Image/Media%20Interests%20snapshot.jpg

2 Likes

THEY BETTER LEAVE NARELDA ALONE!

9 Likes

I think thinking about it, itā€™s a bit daunting, the fact that ten will be no longer. But to think about it, this could be the way forward. Branding wise, last time ten rebranded (the entertainment network days) it turned out to be a beneficial thing. But who knows. It would be good if this was true, but we donā€™t know if it will bring any good?

I have the feeling that the results of this audit will instigate a fundamental change in the business. Like the entertainment network days? Iā€™m not sure.

But even when all those changes happened ten were still producing local news. They were so light on in Australian content in the nineties but still had news. They need to look at other areas of the business.

One think a tie up with sky wonā€™t be allowed by regulators as it is fully owned by news corp thus reducing diversity in voices.

5 Likes

Unless it involves Sky purchasing Ten then it would most likely be allowable. For example they could outsource news to Sky and that would be allowable - similar to how SCA outsource their Nine Local News to Channel Nine.

What if they were to get rid of her, Tim Gossage and Michael Shultz? hopefully another network like Seven or Nine would poach them. Seven and Nine both need weekend weather presenters so that could be an option for Michael (except he would need to stand)

1 Like

What fact? Everything being talked about here is total speculation.

5 Likes

Arent we all just getting a littel carried away? I know we are discussing, but the probable chances of Ten axing the perth bulletins and Sky News/News Corp taking over the Ten network are really a slim chance to none. All we are going on is rumor which i still think is just exactly that - a rumor. Maybe they are big changes coming - but a total take over would not be in the cards. Not that i can see with Ten.

I cant help feel there is maybe one or two people in this thread want Ten dismantled/merged.

1 Like

Well if the "rumorā€™ is to believed and they do scale two journalists in Perth , i would think she would be safeā€¦

1 Like

Two measley journalists in Perth? Wtf is this network on about. Perth a major Australian city having the same number of journalists as a foreign bureau on one of the bigger networks.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t expect Adelaide to have many more.

Just wild speculation at this pointā€¦

I think some wires got crossed. The rumours I am
Hearing have absolutely nothing to do with the Ten network as a whole, and ONLY in regards to the news division and Sky.

Which makes a lot more sense

Confirmation soon no doubt

4 Likes

Considering 10 news rates higher than 9 here in Perth, it would be a silly move regardless.

Not really. This is bigger than one city that only makes up 8% of the national ratings.

Do the rumours you have been hearing have anything to do with national bulletins or local remaining?

I canā€™t really say. But the changes are wide and deep and reaching if everything Iā€™ve heard turns out to be true. Quite significant with a few seismic changes that no one will
See coming. Hey thatā€™s a promo!

3 Likes

haha yeah the way you wrote that it sounds like a promo.
Hereā€™s what I think will happen.

• Ten Eyewitness loses itā€™s 1 hour local bulletins during the week. It doesnā€™t mean that it will go completely. It will reduced 30 minutes. Either airing at 5:00pm or 5.30pm.
  • Each state will have to reduce the number of reporters/workers at the networks for cost effective measrues. We could look at 20-40% staff made redundant at each state.
  • A national bulletin on weekends will remain hourly.
  • More resources to be used in conjunction with Sky News resources. Maybe an identify of the Eyewitness brand to TenSky Eyewitness news (yes, you can have a go at me for this one lol)

If the auditing that has been suggesting in this thread is to go by and it is indeed cost cutting, then yes I do see a major change in how Ten Eyewitness news operates. And see a siginificant reduction in staff and hours of news coverage as a whole.

Again these are just theories. But if I am going by the rumor that was postedā€¦

As itā€™s been discussed many times - it doesnā€™t matter if Ten produces 15 minutes of news or on hour. The significant outlays donā€™t come in the duration of the bulletin - they come in operating 5 fully fledged newsrooms putting a bulletin to air daily.

Knowing that. You can guess the rest.

And thatā€™s just a tiny part of the massive changes Iā€™ve heard.