Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

You do remember how much Henry was paid to come over here and front Breakfast, right? They had no budget left to invest!

Also, that “right wing audience” is tiny in Australia. Just look at how well Sky News rates! (about the same ratings as Breakfast, now I think about it)

3 Likes

It’s a good thing NZ exists, because I can not think of a world in which Henry would work in Australia. Not even AM talkback in Sydney suits his “style”.

1 Like

Where as Tarsh and James came much cheaper so they had money to splash on a really expensive piece of glass.

5 Likes

I hear Mark Latham is available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We also forget that Ten hardly promoted any form of news or show. It was pathetic. Think about how much seven and nine promote news, sunrise, today etc… Ten barely did it even when they launched. Wake Up was on around the time of BBL and Sochi and we never got any prime time promotion. They made very little effort in promoting anything and look where they are today.

1 Like

I agree. The first few months were utter shit. It started to pick up when Ron Wilson joined and then in August when they moved to the newsroom. Had they started the ‘revamped show’ in February- on the advertised date- I think it would have lasted longer. You have to remember that Henry created headlines whereas Wake Up died quitely.

I think Boland advertised Wake Up as much as possible (certainly more than Breakfast). Wake Up could have worked if Boland’s original ideas were followed through.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard anything about MASSIVE changes that could be about to hit the 10 network, including its news department?

6 Likes

Could you please elaborate?

Should we be scared? :o

2 Likes

Could Natarsha’s April Fool prank be a not so much April Fool Prank and she is presenting Ten Morning News from next Monday?

5 Likes

God I hope so.
I’m thinking that we should be expecting the worst though…

3 Likes

Double headers again!

3 Likes

Not this time mate!
Triple headers here we come. And in Sydney, Tim Bailey is one of them :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m hearing there are many rumours floating about at the moment. Including that Sky News is about to take over the network and do away with all local state based bulletins in favour of one hour-long national bulletin.

Redundancies to be announced in coming days with just two journalists to be retained in Perth.

Could be wrong, but has come from a somewhat reliable source.

But why would Sky News take over the entire network? That doesn’t make sense…

I’ve been told that Sky is taking over the network and merging with Fox Sports.

Could all be wrong. But if true, this would surely have massive ramifications?

Yikes. This sounds extremely major and if Sky does take over, I’d imagine a handful of viewers will leave from their dislike of News Corp/Rupert Murdoch.

I think it’s a bad idea to drop ALL local bulletins, hopefully this will turn out to be false like that rumour of Nine getting the rights of The Project.

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense. What does sky news gain for dismantling the ten news department or ten in general?

How reliable is this source? I know things are bad but they cost really be that bad for this to happen.

Nah this is a belated April fools right? :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

There have been rumours of a national news bulletin for Ten for about the last 25 years.

10 Likes

Had to go reset the clock again…

13 Likes