Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

now for my quantative remark… putting Goss on the desk is easy, cause you can send just that camera to Sydney :wink:

Narelda just said at the end of the bulletin “Thats ten eyewitness news Perth. Its been an honour and a privellege bringing you the AFL Grand Final coverage this weekend. I will see you again next weekend

Permanent move??

1 Like

Likely just filling in for Tarsh for 2 weeks while NSW school holidays are on, which she usually takes off.

9 Likes

Here is the Perth edition;

and @ScreenTower’s upload for comparison

10 Likes

I’m surprised the weather for that Saturday Perth edition wasn’t slightly more localised. Previously in Adelaide, at least, they’ve excluded the state maps/three day forecasts for other cities when doing a localised bulletin from Sydney.

1 Like

Those Adelaide bulletins were produced and presented from the Adelaide studio.

It’s easy to say. But you are talking about a massive, massive investment to “make this happen”. It would HAVE to be local, and that means local readers and local reporters and crew for Saturday and Sunday in five markets.

2 Likes

They’ve also done localised/abbreviated half hour Adelaide bulletins from Sydney with Natarsha on occasion because of time difference to fit around sport etc. Pretty sure these bulletin’s have included customised weather in the past.

Anyway - semantics.

I don’t recall any… unless there was no east coast bulletin.

Are all markets getting the half hour bulletin? Or are they doing an hour version somehow for Brisbane and Perth.

Perth is 60 minutes and presumably so for Brisbane.

Very refreshing watching a 30 minute 6pm bulletin :thinking::wink:

2 Likes

I think Brisbane was just half an hour, Bondi Vet is listed from 5:30pm and is playing now.

1 Like

Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide got the same half hour bulletin live. (6, 5, 5.30)

Perth getting a 60 minute live bulletin. Like I said, but was shouted down.

13 Likes

Oh my! local news on Ten in Perth. Is this 2011?

anyone record this? hope it had a local weather report unlike last weekend.

3 Likes

still a “national” bulletin… but this is the reason why Narelda was flown over I would imagine.

2 Likes

It was very localised to Perth from what I saw. And Narelda in Sydney for 2 weeks for one bulletin? :thinking:

4 Likes

Natalie Forrest filled the top story and was also live for the third story in the A block. Big effort, if it only shows where Ten needs to fill up.

Is Kyle Brown a new hire?

@ScreenTower recorded the two bulletins, here they are:

7 Likes

Yes, it was for Perth only… produced and presented in Sydney. Narelda has done two weekends, stints on Studio 10 and The Project.