Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

6pm news would rate even worse than Pointless. It’s already happened.

166k for Ten Evening News in 2011.

Cue the rampant speculation.

4 Likes

Still wheeling out that argument/post.

Simpson’s is not an option I’m afraid.
CBS will be demanding news.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind them giving it another shot.
The problem back then as well was that they kept changing the schedule. If management this time are persistent in the long run, then they will slowly build an audience in this timeslot.

That was a Saturday and viewing has completely fallen ass out since that for FTA

Nice try, Sifon. That was a Saturday. Ten 6 o’clock weeknight news was getting much higher.

I phoned Channel TEN Perth and asked them whether they will have a localised news bulletin on a Saturday. A TEN News spokesman told me that there will be news reporters from Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. I think Channel TEN will have the perth news bulletins in Subiaco as a special bulletin.

I can’t see that happening from Subiaco.

A “national” redo from Sydney is possible.

Which Saturday?

6 Likes

I’m assuming he is talking about the AFL GF this saturday, and especially if West Coast Win.

1 Like

last time West Coast played in a grand final, Ten had a localised edition with Narelda Jacobs and Tim Gossage presenting it. I think they even flew over a couple of Perth reporters to Melbourne to cover the grand final action.

4 Likes

Last year did Melbourne have a localised edition of the Eyewitness News during the AFL Grand Final with the Tigers win in South Yarra studios? (I didn’t see the TEN Eyewitness News Melbourne Grand Final special edition.)

Georgie: “You can get on board by supporting Team Ten’s very own duck”.

(PA Hospital fund raising month.)

1 Like

I quacked up …

12 Likes

No, I don’t believe that’s happened for about 5 years or so.

You should be roasted for that daffy pun. Waddle you say next?

Good duck with the fundraising, Team Ten. Hope it goes swimmingly.

1 Like

Ten Eyewitness News airing 6pm next Sat/Sun due to Bathurst.

Ten really do seem committed to news again. They normally wouldn’t air any bulletins at all during this time.

Excellent to see and excited for the future.

9 Likes

Now all they need to do is actually promote it :wink:

1 Like

They are. I’ve already seen two promos during Studio 10 this morning for a specific story airing on Monday’s bulletin.

Sorry yes, generic news promos and specific story ones have been airing of late but I’m talking about the airing of a 6pm bulletin after Bathurst coverage.

People will naturally switch over to their regular 6pm news services if they don’t know they can see news at that time on Ten, hence why it needs to be promoted.

2 Likes

Apologies, I misunderstood your comment.

100% agree. All throughout the Bathurst telecast there needs to be news updates and the commentators need to be mentioning it.

2 Likes