Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

one said ‘wonder why social media does not trust MSM’

ironic

Probably because they take two initials from the word ‘Mainstream’

2 Likes

And stay tuned for more Dr Spill! #auspol #spill pic.twitter.com/gqST4ccIYt

— Johnny Barrington (@johnbarrington) August 21, 2018
2 Likes

Lol, here’s the video

3 Likes

they covered Turnbull’s presser live… not sure why not Dutton’s. (I know the logistical reason… but…)

Caps from Sydney news last night:

5 Likes

The end card promoting footy focus on ten daily is too ‘on brand’ with the two way looking boxes, super at the top etc. A simple full screen graphic would be suffienct and look a million times better!

Ten just cut into regular programming with Sandra Sully to cross LIVE to Malcolm Turnball’s speech. Great to see Ten’s commitment to News again.

9 Likes

And seven haven’t!!

3 Likes

I just love how that camera guy gives the illusion he’s just walking through each tv.

10 Likes

The original Ten Eyewitness News Theme from 1991

2 Likes

National breaking news updates tonight with Sandra Sully.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Good. Ten should be the alternative.

1 Like

What? As in not showing news when they should be?

Or is it maybe showing Simpsons at 6?

1 Like

Ten has traditionally been the network that doesn’t cut into regular programming during breaking news or do election coverage. They should stick to that.

1 Like

Multichannels are the alternative. If ‘Ten Eyewitness News’ is a meaningful brand, it needs to break news, not just exist for an hour at 5.

7 Likes

The problem is your not going to get main channel content on a multichannel. Now if they moved what was on the main channel at the time to a multichannel while showing breaking news, that might be a different story. But it never happens.

I agree.

How many times does it have to be said that the public is better served by more news services (and theoretically at least, more perspectives on the news) rather than less? Whenever there’s a major story worthy of breaking away from regular programming for news coverage - Ten should do it for the same reasons that the other broadcasters would.

7 Likes

They do it for ratings, which never seems to translate to Ten whenever they try rolling/election coverage.