Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

They even had vision from inside a Win News vehicle, you could see the big logo briefly on the bonnet of the car.

Good on them using their resources and affiliates i say

3 Likes

Is it just me or have they extended the news blocks, particularly the first two (possibly less ad breaks)? I have been finding that every night sport feels like it has approached sooner and I say is that the time already. I am finding with the new format I am watching for longer, which is great.

I am liking the new camera angles and Pippa is doing great on the weather (I actually like her more than Josh, and he is a meteorologist).

definitely not less ads, although I think that would be a real mould breakerā€¦

i think the segments are running the same as they used to, but obviously this new format is giving the illusion of slowing timeā€¦ which is great.

1 Like

Slight adjustments made to Brisbaneā€™s rundown:

5.00-5.16pm: News (extended by 3 mins)
BREAK
5.20: Finance and traffic
5.21- 5.26: News
5.26: Weather
BREAK
5.30 - 5.34: News
BREAK
5.37: Traffic and Headlibes
5.38 - 5.41: News
5.41- Cross to sportā€¦

4 Likes

No ā€œFirst At Fiveā€ in her voiceover tonight too tonight. Does that sometimes happen?

Yes it is, they also appear to use a different opening titlecard which omits that but they leave it on the middle screen from the backdrop and as a strap under the Ten Eyewitness News logo.

on at 4 in Perthā€¦

It was August 1993 that local editions of Ten Eyewitness News (then airing at 6pm, because weekend bulletins didnā€™t move to 5pm when the weekday editions did) were cancelled on the East Coast leaving national late news as the only weekend bulletins on Ten for about a year or so. Adelaide & Perth editions of the weekend news survived a little longer because those Ten stations were under different ownership to the East Coast stations until around the mid 1990s.

The introduction/cancellation of local weekend editions of ā€œTen Evening Newsā€ in 2011? Those were probably hurt by the fact that Ten briefly cancelled their weekend 5pm news when the ā€œnews revolutionā€ happened.

In any caseā€¦canā€™t we all agree that while Ten probably should be running local weekend bulletins, the network needs more resources before they can be brought back? As it is right now, Ten probably have barely enough reporters for their existing bulletins!

3 Likes

Capital in Canberra (who were under the same ownership as Ten in Adelaide & Perth) continued with their local weekend news until it was axed in February 1995 after Southern Cross Broadcasting took ownership of the station.

1 Like

Start times for News next Saturday

East Coast
04:00 pm

Adelaide
03:30 pm

Perth
05:30 pm

1 Like

So WA having delayed news again?

TENFATT.

Ten News just broke a huge scoop:

Edit: a months-long investigation by Hugh Rimington.

7 Likes

Get hugh back into Canberra as chief political correspondent.

Good theyā€™re breaking news again though.

11 Likes

Too bad the report was aired without any Ten news bugs due to technical issues (in Sydney at least).

In Perth they had the ā€œEXCLUSIVEā€ strap on top of the watermark, but I do feel they should put a larger transparent graphic on the top corner or something.

As if youā€™re active here but not shitposting

News Corp also prominent with the story with a link to Ten Daily

3 Likes

and an even longer discussion on twitter by folks who knew it but had no means to report it.