Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Really misleading news update on Ten just now. Tarsh reported a plane had been hijacked and crashed after being shot down by fighter jets (or something along those lines, all information correct). However, she failed to mention the other important facts, like there were no passengers on board, no one was killed in the crash, and the hijacker was an airline employee.

Sure, it’s a great teaser to watch their news bulletin in 32 minutes, but it felt overly sensational given the other facts were known.

4 Likes

Good little shot from behind the scenes. Also, a little dig at Seven for not having a full studio crew in the comments.

11 Likes

Wow that studio is small! Adelaide and perth are bigger then!

6 Likes

That’s why I hope at some point in the future, they move back into the previous studio. Much bigger space.

2 Likes

Aren’t they in the old Adelaide studio from back in the day?

1 Like

Yep

Have the ratings improved in Melbourne since Jen took over from Stephen?

1 Like

Is this the studio with the control room on the left hand side? Do you have a cap of the last time they used the other (bigger) studio?

The studio space looked so big from watching it on TV.

Was discussed in this thread not too long ago. I think the 2012-13 era was the final time the larger set was used.

3 Likes

The current set is the first in the ex-Adelaide studio at ATV.

1 Like

Oh is it really? Thanks for the info! I always figured it was after 2012 when they moved to the 3-screen setup as the set always looked much smaller, but I guess lighting and cameras can do tricks!

Not sure what the rationale was in moving other than its on the same floor as the newsroom but it debuted when Candice joined Stephen at the desk.

2 Likes

Well considering the new set was introduced during the budget and cutback era, perhaps it was cheaper to fit out the smaller space?

Yes :+1:

I think you’d be right. The old Melbourne news studio now houses Motogp hostings etc. Smaller non audience shows i think.

1 Like

Aren’t they done from the The Project studios? This is from last night, you can see that they’re using the back and side videos walls from that set for their hosting coverage.

3 Likes

Hmm not sure then? Maybe they use both :+1:

I thought Ten Melbourne only had 2 studios?

Nope. 3.

1 Like