Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Gosh that newsroom is gorgeous. Wish they’d make more use of it on air.

4 Likes

That looks like an SD lens to me

All markets use their cameras for differant things so rebotics would not be replacing any studio staff really.

Good to hear that Ten are keeping a few more people in jobs then :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Probably something to discuss further in another topic, but would I be right by presuming that news and the pre-school programs are in Studio A while the other children’s programs are in Studio B (or whatever the official title is)? Or is everything done from the one studio?

Also great to hear that TVQ will soon be getting new cameras or replacement lens’ at the very least! :slight_smile:

I’d love it if they got rid of some of the video walls and let the newsroom fill the background. Maybe have the desk without a screen in the middle, a video wall to the side and a few others scattered around the building for some cutaways (similar to sunrise, or the 2012 Late News).

Or if they got the ST crane out for the opening shot, zooming out from one of the balconies down to the set rather then the sedate look up they use which really doesn’t show off the depth of the set.

That’s a small gripe with a lot of the recent newsroom sets (ST, Studio 10 and the news), they don’t really own the space. You’ve got the (theoretical) biggest studio in Australian news. Own it!

2 Likes

Seven doesn’t in Sydney (and possibly Brisbane as well?).

Sydney is still manual, but I’m pretty sure Brisbane is robotic now.

2 Likes

Correct. 7 sydney is obviously in same studio as sunrise…they use the same manual cameras.

I’ll play devil’s advocate here, I don’t really get it, Brad returning freelance / filling-in, especially in Sydney and when there are many staff. Seems gratuitous and unnescaasry, only for some lame romanticism or catch up? He resigned from Ten, made clear comments to many media at the time he wanted to leave TV and start his own media firm and do traveling. So for mine, bizarre. Sorry Brad, otherwise always admired ya.

guy’s still got bills to pay. A bit of casual freelancing to help out is hardly earth shattering.

10 Likes

Mmm. Maybe they just called him and said ‘hey Brad, now that you’re free, would you like to come and present Sport in Sydney for 3 days? We’ll pay accommodation and give you a couple a’ grand for your troubles’

8 Likes

He isn’t just going back to Ten. You never know who from CBS might be taking note of the performance and viewer reaction.

3 Likes

It’s surprising that they didn’t go robotic in Perth given the recent move, unless equipment was recycled from the old studios perhaps?

No…its all new gear at Ten Perth’s new studios. News staff do the studio production which means they didn’t need robotics as it wasn’t making any studio staff redundant.

4 Likes

They don’t; there hasn’t been a weekend sports presenter for about 6 months.

SD lens, HD camera from what I understand… as they slowly progress to a HD studio.

As for productions… there is no official designation for the other studios, but Scope and Toasted have their own space and Totally Wild uses the studio A green screen once a week for hostings.

4 Likes

Afternoon Updates seen on Monday 16 July, From 4pm.

Forgot how Grainy that backdrop actually is compared to the Stream:
HD:

Stream:

4 Likes

14 Likes