Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Thats a really good idea! Make the 5pm only half hour. Short and snappy and the main local and international stories and sport. People dont have the patience to watch an hour bulletin these days. Could be a goer! :+1:

If I were Ten, I’d only cut the 5pm news to 1/2hr if they wanted to replace it with 1/2hr news at 6pm. Still an hour’s total of evening news, but given to to viewers in a format that’s, let’s say, easier to swallow.

I’ve found myself watching the 5pm news over Seven and Nine because it’s become more convenient for me personally. But for those that like their news at 6pm, this idea would give the best of both worlds; dual flagship bulletins Ten News at Five and Ten News at Six both local 1/2hr. They need a point of difference from Seven and Nine!

1 Like

I think you’ll find that that already happens. TEN is far more restrained in all aspects of news coverage… preferring to report what has happened rather than what is happening.

Lindt Cafe siege is probably too long ago now to compare.

4 Likes

Some CBS 2 coverage used from LA

Also KCAL 9 (also CBS owned)

2 Likes

Ten News accused of just blindly republishing government propaganda.

1 Like

Return from break

6 Likes

That camera has probably been around for a while, judging by the style of the Ten logo sticker? :wink:

3 Likes

I’m surprised 10 hasn’t gone to robotic cameras yet.

1 Like

Is Brad McEwen back for good or just visiting?

1 Like

Probably just filling in on a freelance basis.

2 Likes

What is he doing?

presenting Sydney sport.

8 Likes

Special backdrop used for the 2 way screen during this live cross in Melbourne tonight:

Video:

1 Like

Sandra and Brad shared a laugh :joy: stepping straight back into the special chemistry they have…

10 Likes

Makes me wonder why he is freelancing (at the least) when he stepped back from the role in Melbourne…
Still great to see nonetheless

1 Like

surely someone recorded it, tenplay only has the first segment uploaded.

1 Like

This, and also what about Quarters’ first bulletin back as Sports presenter? Surprised this thread didn’t go bonkers with caps/videos on Monday, though I see some caps in the Presenters and Reporters discussion. :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep him!!

2 Likes

Brad’s freelancing.

As for robotic cameras in Brisbane - the other productions that use studio A make it more difficult to implement robotic cameras (the former Couch Time, the pre school shows.)

The cameras themselves are about 15 years old, but I hear they’re getting replaced soon. (If not the camera unit then just the lens)

7 Likes

That reminds me of the sticker Ten Perth had on one of their old cameras in Dianella (at top), took this cap in 2016 just before the move to Subiaco, hard to tell if it’s pre-1999 (teal logo before electric rebrand) or current:

1 Like