Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I swear in Sydney they start afternoon updates at 2pm. I’ve tried to capture some at 12/1pm and had no luck.

all TEN markets run news updates at 12, 12.30, 1, 1.30, 2, 2.30, 3, 3.30, 4, 4.30, 4.40 and 4.50… or close to it.

In all markets the bottom of the hour update is a repeat of the top of the hour,
In Brisbane the 2.30 & 3.30 are weather updates,
In Sydney the 12.00 is repeated at 12.30, 1 & 1.30.

5 Likes

Looks more like a closing shot tonight then an opener.

2 Likes

Sponsored by Bank West?

Also, Georgina McKerrow has been reporting for the last few nights in Brisbane since moving back to Queensland and joining the newsroom as Executive Producer.

5 Likes

Lol! Would be interesting if Ten did get sponsored by companies like Nine does for their 6pm bulletins but I don’t see that happening anytime soon! :stuck_out_tongue:

Is Bank West a Nine company? I thought they were owned by the Commonwealth bank?

I believe it’s a dual role for her, few days out and a few days in.

1 Like

Awesome, she’s a great addition and would make an ideal fill in for Georgina Lewis if needed also.

1 Like

Amber’ll be the fill in… she’s taken Lachlan’s job.

2 Likes

A live cross to open TEN tonight - perhaps presaging BREAKING NEWS on Seven and/or Nine :wink:

4 Likes

How long has Matt been at Ten? he previously worked there but went to Seven Gold Coast News.

Matt re-joined the Ten team about 2 weeks ago now after 2 years with 7 Gold Coast, it was discussed at the time in the presenter & reporters thread.

1 Like

3 Likes

Second report tonight

The new CBS News Hub in New York. Can we get one too pretty please CBS?

7 Likes

I was wondering yesterday if we might get lite CBS-ish inspired sets (desks, fixtures) if we were to get a CBS Evening News inspired look for the next relaunch, judging from the CBS Sports inspired look for Sports Tonight, though they’d be much smaller than their American counterparts. :thinking:

Memories of watching the Perth News while it was still in Pyrmont was the Newsroom aesthetic, it’d be nice if they tried something like that again, it was uniquely Ten for most of the 2000s.

4 Likes

Ah, studio 47, formally the home of the CBS Evening News until more than a year ago when it was moved to 57 where CBS This Morning is. Now it’s a bona fide newsroom. Hope they stick a flash cam in for occasional shots.

I’ve had enough of the skyline myself. The ABC has a great spin with their glass-encased skyline shots, but I think it’s time a news exchange was brought back.

2 Likes

Hopefully they can find a spare desk in the new CBS News Hub for an Australian US correspondent.

4 Likes

Agreed, Ten need to get back to offering the audience something different. Aim to be the millennial’s commercial news service of choice and let 7 and 9 have the boomers with their dwindling consumer power.

Launching a service like AJ+ would be a good start, and ditch the horrid ‘eyewitnesses’ name as soon as possible.

Melbourne has updated their social media cover photos to a shot of Jenn and Stephen

14 Likes