Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Brisbane’s is the only one that’s never changed in out of all the markets. A few from over the years… only difference is the angle of view.
20132015backdrop2018

3 Likes

Do you mean Brisbane under Eyewitness branding, or the last decade?

Under Eyewitness, half of Adelaide’s hasn’t changed. The LHS has always been Elder Park and the Festival Centre with the River Torrens in the foreground. The original RHS was the Adelaide offices on Hutt Street but it changed to Adelaide Oval when we “upgraded” from timber to metal.

Yes under Eyewitness News branding… thought that was obvious with the caps attached.

Adelaide’s does seem more brighter now then before the upgraded set though.

Though, the LHS ‘metal’ backdrop, while it is a similar angle, does appear to have been captured earlier in the day with the westward sun reflecting off some of the Adelaide skyline. Conveniently I put in the wood & metal sets one after the other near the end of the following video :smiley:

1 Like

Its a bit more of an effort for Adelaide to change backgrounds as they are still the only market left without actual tv screens but rather a durotran print. But now with new owners they should be able to push for them.

2 Likes

lot bigger priorities than replacing something that technically still works.

1 Like

Tell that to Stephen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Savage

Where can I find this promo eveyone is talking about ?

Also, Ten’s website still has Brad McEwan and Stephen Quartermain presenter profiles up.

My EPG has also had Brad McEwan listed for weeks now, even though he’s long gone.

7 Likes

Long gone? He finished yesterday, ease up.

Whilst know that Ten were quick to change their profile images on their offical Melbourne social accounts over last night, the other areas may take a little while to be updated.

Ah, no? Brad finished like a month or two ago!

2 Likes

Brad’s last day with Ten was Friday April 27.

1 Like

Josh holt’s Weather Update Instagram story shows it better.

4 Likes

It’s a shame that Ten haven’t used their official Queensland Instagram @tennewsqld page since 2014, nearly 4 years to the date actually.

Melbourne seem to be the only bulletin that regularly uses theirs, with updates as recent as today with the Jen on Ten promo.

I guess they haven’t used the @channeltennews one since Dec 2016 either, hopefully they have a new social media focus moving forward.

5 Likes

Agreed just had a browse at it… Started up December 2012… shame they stopped. Could start posting full length updates on there again… with Instagram changing their time limit from 15 seconds to 1 minute.

1 Like

Definitely, just connecting with their audience in a different way and capturing people across all social channels would be pretty important. It would be a good way to promote tendaily (already has 4k+ followers) also with news content / stories via short video and links to the site etc.

1 Like

14 Likes

Better VO for Jen too. Not so deep and dramatic.

4 Likes

Was a bit lighter which suits the bulletin better I agree. She actually looks great on that set. The 7News Melbourne set can kinda lose the presenter in it at times.

6 Likes

Exclusive report - seem to be more of these lately.

8 Likes