Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

They’ll kill they’re network if the abandon local news at 5. Nine and Seven will swoop and ten will never have that timeslot again.

9 Likes

He may get the Sports Tonight gig. (If it goes ahead)

The network may opt for two editions.

VIC/TAS/SA/WA Edition
NSW/QLD/ACT Edtion

6 Likes

That would be a good idea. Didn’t SBS or someone else produce two editions of a sports show for each code during winter?

6PM will fail badly. They may intend on having a 5PM full-hour game show??

2 Likes

Didnt Peter Ford tell us about celebrities that were going into rhe jungle and they never were! :joy::joy: #reliable

1 Like

Which will fail. Seven and Nine will launch local news bulletins in that slot.

He’s a great sports presenter, but as a news anchor he is really flat and boring.

3 Likes

Both networks are already running local news bulletins at 4pm, so one would imagine that it’d be fairly easy to turn them into 5pm bulletins in most markets (Brisbane might be a problem, due to the presence of 5.30pm Gold Coast local bulletins on Seven & Nine).

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Saving Ten

Don’t forget we have mock schedules and Saving Ten threads for programming suggestions

3 Likes

It’s been flipping between “First At Five” and “tenplay.com.au” for ages now, I prefer the tendaily one, purely because the tenplay logo is gone.

Surely Ten learned their lesson from the Evening News. They cannot compete with 7 and 9 so their news at 5 is the best option.

4 Likes

New look updates for Ten Brisbane?

7 Likes

They look much better coming from the newsroom before the main bulletin moves to the studio.

10 Likes

the sales presentstion INTENSIFY is on this week in Brisbane, using studio A.

As for Peter’s rumour, I’ve been saying for ages they need to move to 7pm… who competes with ABC? How many people get home at 6/6.30 and make dinner etc before being able to sit down in front of the telly?

5pm national 1/2 hour
7pm local 1/2 hour

I know there’s a seperate thread, but I just wanted to post my thoughts here…

7 Likes

Live cross tonight to Joe Hill in Las Vegas

4 Likes

Why hasn’t the Brisbane newsroom been given a much needed upgrade, seeing as its used during crosses regularly? Those logos / that theme dates back to 2004!

2 Likes

While I agree it looks dated, Ten’s priorities are probably not with revamping their offices.

11 Likes

Can’t believe how much they’re putting into such a hideous site. Am I the only one that thinks this?!

2 Likes

I give Ten Daily 6 months. It just reeks of failure. They’ve created what they should have been studiously avoiding - a soulless Buzzfeed clone that is only distinguishable from its 10 equally unsuccessful competitors in that it looks like a mid-2000s blog.

6 Likes