Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

They might as well call it the Ten Daily News given it’s their only bulletin.

Then in a few years when they cut back again they can replace it with the Ten Weekly News.

2 Likes

I’m fine with the relaunch. Just leave the news theme song alone, it has to be the best one on Australian TV!
As for graphics I like the style of these as apposed to those of the past. Hopefully they can build on them.

2 Likes

the link vehicles have stayed being called Live Eye’s since those days…

and everyone’s hopes of getting a standalone news site will be dashed… there’s no way they’re spending millions on launching ten daily over two years to just throw away half of it’s content on some other website. KISS.

1 Like

This. ‘Eyewitness News’ had (has) the potential to really tap into the camera phones of millions of Australians, but it was never followed through. ‘Ten Eyewitnesss News’ was too long as well - should be just “Eyewitness News”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Daily brand is not incorporated more and more. It is already advertised as their go to News site.

Well the main Nine.com.au portal has articles from all of Nine’s websites. The article links on the homepage open to the 9news.com.au site.

They can host all non-news content on Ten Daily, but all links to news can be hosted on tennews.com.au.

wont happen. the whole point is to push people online to tendaily.

news has a section there:
tendaily.com.au/news

Why would you want so many differant websites!? Its better to have a mix of everything on one website!

1 Like

Live Eye was never an on air name its the name of the link truck vehicles which has been around for years.

1 Like

Live Eye was definitely used extensively on air during bulletins. Crosses were always labelled “Live Eye”. This is one of many promos that highlighted it as a major feature of the news service.

Also used “Eye in the Sky” for the helicopter.

1 Like

The new Ten News has an opportunity to be a ground-breaker - just like Ten was in the 80’s with 6pm news, hour-long news, “live eyes” and so on. Ten could set a global standard for the new landscape, for integrating digital and online. I have no doubt that it will be slick and modern, clean and crisp (and they should look to places apart from England and the US, like France, etc. this time). At the end of the day, however, it comes down to - will local audiences in the suburbs relate to it and feel a connection and watch every night?

They can only compete on local news. National and international news is available everywhere. Why would people tune into Ten? I would argue - Ten’s strength is up-to-the-minute local information and, quite likely, more robust and opinionated commentary than available elsewhere. Why else would you hit Ten for news?

CBS News on Ten

6 Likes

oh god… how is that relevant? I hope no one is going to dredge up rebranding Ten news to CBS news… would be over kill and americanization of whatever’s left of this country.

This is the same thing that keeps being visited in this thread and I’ll say it again, The Ten News revolution was supposed to eachieve that, national, local and current affairs back in 2011 - it did not work… it won’t work again.

It wasn’t executed properly and was sabotaged by packer and Murdoch.

8 Likes

Hardly. Esoteric and high-brow current affairs at 6pm. That is not what I am suggesting.

1 Like

By the way, as maligned as the news revolution is, it is no small achievement that Ten has, actually, changed its 6:30 timeslot from soap opera to demo-hitting current affairs. The 6:30 half hour of The Project is, in a way, a legacy of the news revolution and, on balance, a success.

1 Like

TEN is staying. It will not be CBS.

11 Likes

Can I ask why the music during the Melbourne news updates is so loud? It’s barely possible to hear Stephen over the top of it.

1 Like

Automation :wink:

It’s still news is my point.