Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

In this thread for a while!

7 Likes

But is it a simple relaunch or is it a growth of the department with the more bulletins etc?

A relaunch for 5pm won’t be enough…

8 Likes

Agreed, Daytime bulletins should return to Ten.

4 Likes

Stay tuned is all i know :+1:

5 Likes

Guys, I know you can’t say much, and I appreciate that, but is whatever is coming worth interest and genuine or just another Ten News revamp that’ll last 8 months? What’s different this time around?

1 Like

Well it was bound to happen with the new head of news, cbs ownership, Murdoch’s meddling out of the way and the launch of ten daily. They couldn’t continue to let the news department suffer.

10 Likes

Hopefully removing ‘Eyewitness’?

9 Likes

Ten’s news service is definitely overdue for a major On-Air Presentation relaunch, especially since every other network has made major changes to their look at least once since 2013.

If I’m not mistaken, SBS World News of all services has even had two major graphics changes (I know Ten changed their news graphics slightly in May 2016, but that’s hardly on the same scale) since “Eyewitness News 4.0” was booted up half a decade ago this September.

Remembering how frequently Ten has changed the name of their news service over the years, can’t we leave that element alone for a change?

And yes I know the other networks have made changes to the title of their news services over the years, but Ten certainly have done it the most!

6 Likes

Those were the magic words I was waiting for :smiley:
I agree about keeping “Eyewitness”. Gives TEN a point of difference from all of the other bulletins. Even shortening it to just “Eyewitness News” (removing the Ten).
Nonetheless, shit just got REALLY exciting :smiley:

I just hope that they keep the current theme (or remix it a bit). Its certainly the best theme out of all the networks.

3 Likes

I can almost guarantee they will get rid of “Eyewitness”. The staff don’t even like using it. By the way, I’m probably the biggest fan of the name here.

7 Likes

Hopefully FAF will disappear as well. Either the old Ten News at Five, or even just Ten News as the flagship bulletin. The hoped removal of “Eyewitness” will help make Ten’s products more cohesive: Ten News, Ten Play, Ten Daily, etc. A dedicated news site would also be a good idea instead of splitting it shoehorning it into Ten Daily.

7 Likes

Are CBS finally stepping in after sitting back all year and letting current management continue to make horrible decisions?

I did like these looks of graphics - Short & Sweet.

& The first Eyewitness package

Hopefully with this new look for Ten’s News it comes with a better VOG.

5 Likes

Eyewitness should never have returned. It’s too American and completely meaningless.

8 Likes

The graphics and Sydney set circa 2010 were Ten at its finest: https://youtu.be/baIWL3-RymA

The older more dramatic graphics and theme were fantastic but would be out of place these days.

5 Likes

They really need to do something with the Sydney/National set. Clips of years gone by look and feel so much better.

5 Likes

And presenter. Time for Sully to get the boot.

Sully is barley there as it is due to commitments maybe it would be better if they do Monday to Wednesday rosters with Sully & Thursday and Friday’s with Riminton.

1 Like

As long as we don’t get Ten Daily News : First at Five!

4 Likes

Why one would want to ‘boot’ one of the most respected journos in the country is beyond me, but, anyway.
‘Eyewitness’ was never executed properly when it was reintroduced. It would actually work really well in the world of social media but the relaunch was a lackluster fail that never capitalised on the branding in the way they potentially could have.

4 Likes