Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I’d be adding a high profile Canberra political editor and correspondents in the US and Europe to beef up content coming from around the world.

5 Likes

Matt, himself, is probably the best option for host. The network would need to employ more sports presenters/reporters (they have let some of their best go- Brad McEwan, Adam Hawse, Tim Hipsley- of late) , which makes the prospect even more unlikely. Stephen Quartermain or Roz Kelly are probably the only other options.

3 Likes

PVO would be great, nice blend of smarts and engaging personality. Would be a good crossover for the project too.

8 Likes

See I don’t see why they couldn’t just keep a ‘Ten’ mic at the CBS base in particular regions and make use of the correpondents where necessary?

Would certainly be cheaper and offer in my opinion greater coverage.

2 Likes

you’re not going to see Overseas posts anytime soon. not as a subsidiary of CBS.

and I don’t think you can hold TEN accountable for resignations of staff… they do that.

4 Likes

Looks like Laurie has jumped ship from Seven to Ten News.

OMFHEFDSAKLSDA yes

gathering up all my yeets for the launch.

4 Likes

TheHubMan is cancelled.

3 Likes

I think TheHubMan is the one who needs to change his profile picture after this

wtf?

Sydney updated the website super tonight at the end of the bulletin to Tendaily.com.au but Brisbane is still the same.

1 Like

With the launch of Ten Daily, I wonder if we’ll see an eventual rebrand of the news to just Ten News to streamline Ten’s services to “Ten [name]” (and move news from Ten Daily to tennews.com.au)?

3 Likes

they’re not going to cannibalise the service they just created (ten daily) by removing the bulk of it’s content into another site they have to manage and maintain.

7 Likes

I assume the whole premise of ten daily is to create an edgier and younger online news brand, rather than just having your run of the mill (station name) news.com.au site like the other networks.

Ten has always differentiated itself by being brighter, younger & louder than our competitors - an ethos that clearly demonstrates with ten daily.

In saying that I would eventually like to see the reintroduction of a main network website such as ten.com.au which would be their main site which then hosts both the tenplay and ten daily platforms in the same area and other relevant station related content.

Ten Eyewitness News Perth is celebrating its 30th Year, Sports Presenter Tim Gossage made a Twitter video to commemorate the Anniversary: :tv::confetti_ball::tada::balloon:

Wonder if we’ll get some archive footage tonight? :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Probably unintended, but looks like there is a class room in the background.

7 Likes

that’d be intentional for the NAPLAN story…

5 Likes

100% intended.

3 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes