Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I agree… 30 mins bulletins are better than 1 hour. Keep the 5pm as normal. Make the project 30 mins at 630pm and local news at 7pm to compete with ABC.

3 Likes

The Project probably becomes very questionable financially at just half an hour, especially if it is the first half hour that you are keeping.

If Ten wants to pull viewers across from Seven and Nine then they need to take them head on and make it easy for people to adapt. That means having news at 6pm - play to people’s habits and give them a better version of what they are already used to. I think a snappy, really well presented half hour of national news at 6pm with a 5 minute local window would be well received as an alternative to the drawn out and rather stale bulletins on Seven and Nine.

It won’t smash the ratings but it would make a statement about Ten’s ambitions and has a far better chance of helping grow Ten’s early evening audience than persisting with Feud.

3 Likes

The question is, are people actually making the start of the 6pm bulletin? People get home later from work, people live further out from city centres and traffic is certainly not improving in any of the major cities.

The ratings suggest more people are watching the 6pm news around 6:30-6:45. Certainly more people are watching the Project from 7pm than from 6:30.

Good point :+1:

1 Like

Although it probably won’t ever happen because of the amount of resources needed to produce a quality national edition of the show let alone (at least) five local versions, I wonder how adopting the format of “The Project” would work on a local level?

I personally believe most Australians would still vastly prefer local news over national news in the early evening, but perhaps Ten needs to try presenting it (faster paced graphics, presenters speaking in a “more conversational” style, etc.) in a different format for the younger demographics.

1 Like

okay at this point we need a Ten News ideas thread.

1 Like

Can probably go in the wildly popular Saving Ten thread.

3 Likes

Ten News streams back up tonight.

2 Likes

As are @ScreenTower 's uploads :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ten News not Interested in Dawn Services like ABC, Seven and Nine are?

Never seen this “1on1” graphic before?

4 Likes

they’ve never shown them live before. when the breakfast shows were around they’d do crosses to the journos in each state.

I’m sure Studio 10 will have coverage.

1 Like

Caps of Wednesday Melbourne bulletin:

6 Likes

5 Likes

More caps:

4 Likes

God the Brisbane set is horrid. The colours and textures are a mess!
Sydney is looking great!

4 Likes

Blooper from Ten Perth going to the wrong live cross a couple of times.

4 Likes

Don’t manage to capture Ten’s Weekend News all that often but here are a few snapshots from tonight’s bulletin with @lachlan_kennedy

Going by tonight’s wide shots (when returning from breaks) would be nice if they were zoomed out a bit more like here:

11 Likes

I recorded a montage of Ten News Melbourne from Friday, which was Brad McEwan’s final bulletin:

4 Likes

Any coverage on the 5pm bulletin of Expo 88? All three Brisbane based bulletins covered it.

TVQ was the official broadcaster. Do they still have all the archival footage from then?

2 Likes