Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

This is the V/O Hugh had last night. How terrible.

2 Likes

just heard the Lee Steele V/O and damn it puts me on edge.

can someone refresh my memory of what this V/O guy did - did he do The Voice promos?

edit: do we know how many V/Os had been commissioned? Would there be more than one back up presenter V/O as we’ve heard dodgy ones for Josh Holt and Amber A-W.

The news live stream hasn’t been available since around then either. It’s not Comm Games related because it was about 2 weeks prior to them.

that’s when the restrictions start.

He used to do the promos for Nine a few years back. All tentpole programming - Big Brother, The Block and The Voice. He’s done commercials also.

1 Like

His VO work has certainly improved. Back when he used to The Big Bang Theory promos I found his voice very… strange. It’s a bit better now, and quite unique.

He just speaks so damn slow during the intro, and it drags on and on and on. It’s not his fault; the title of the Ten 5pm bulletins is atrocious. Ten Eyewitness News First at Five with Sandra Sully is a mouthful which is completely redundant and unacceptable in the age of online sites with snappier titles.

Ten Eyewitness News Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne/Adelaide/Perth is much better. First at Five is completely stupid given that Nine and Seven have news on-air a full 12 hours earlier, and have local bulletins airing in the afternoon a full hour before Ten’s bulletin.

4 Likes

…Why bother?

I still think it should be “Ten Eyewitness News [cityname] at Five” - so “…with Sandra Sully… this is Ten Eyewitness News, Sydney at Five”

Or just get the presenter to do it themselves like this.

I’d put the sting after the VO, and move the city titlecard to the top of the opener, replacing it with just a fast moving studio sweep (not just the tilt-down they do in Sydney currently) - it ads an urgency to the open imo.

(Imagine this coming out of the headline bed)

11 Likes

Love it, it just seems to flow better than the current one since the v/o is a bit earlier

2 Likes

His name is Adam Whitby. You can listen to his voiceovers that he did a few years ago.
http://rmk.com.au/adam_whitby/

1 Like

Adelaide bulletin reported on increased metropolitan train services tonight. Reporter called the southeastern line the “Bel-Air Line”.

(For any non-South Aussies on MS, it’s pronounced “Buh-lair”.)

5 Likes

We still call it ‘Bell-Air’ here in Victoria.

Gorgeous opening shot tonight with Hugh Riminton. I’m not a regular viewer but they had the newsroom lit up in orange behind the screens with the ten logo in the background (as seen in the Late News).

Why can’t they just chuck on a regular 6pm bulletin with Hugh? Quietly grow it organically like Sunrise. Get a presence. If it rates more than 250k, it’s on par with FF. Stick the game shows in the afternoon like they do in the US. It’s a better link between First At Five and The Project.

3 Likes

Cause news should be local in primetime.

Tighten the Project back down to 30 minutes and run a national bulletin at 7pm, get Hugh and Sandra to double head it (the two best known commercial news anchors in Australia IMO).

Would probably outrate the drivel of A Current Affair and Home and Away.

3 Likes

Caps?

12 Likes

It certainly does look good. I just checked over the opener (credits @Zampakid) from the new voiceover and it seems that they had the lighting effects there too.
It certainly is different though.

2 Likes

National News at 5,
Family Feud at 5.30,
Project at 6,
Local News at 7.

Primetime from 7.30.

9 Likes