Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

new intro V/O’s for the bulletin’s launching tonight.

11 Likes

Let me guess…they’ve got a different guy doing them now with Paul Pittioni (who I’m pretty sure had been the voice introducing Ten’s newsreaders for about five years or so) more associated with the Nine Network these days?

1 Like

that’d be it then. sounds dramatic now…

1 Like

More associated?

He IS Nine’s full time V/O (along with the long-time female and other who I call ‘over the top’ male) for the past couple of years!

Can’t believe it took lazy Ten this long :roll_eyes:

Brisbane

4 Likes

Sydney opener:

7 Likes

I’m not the only one that thinks that sounds horrible, right?

15 Likes

Yeah, I’m not a fan of it. I prefer the previous one.

6 Likes

It’s just too slow IMO. Speed him up a bit and it’ll sound better. Quicker sounds more hard hitting, slow gives a dreary impression.
Brisbane’s sounds better than Sydney though.

This VO guy is the one that went from Nine to Ten, yet I still associate him with Nine…

8 Likes

Haven’t seen the Syd edition for a while - is that a new harbour bridge view during sport?

Looks like the same shot you saw behind Hugh when it was a double headed bulletin, maybe slightly different colouring but that’s about it.

Well sport has always had the harbour bridge behind them. I just thought it looked different today. Maybe not…

Not a fan of the new V/O’s at all.

4 Likes

Just realised they stopped uploading bulletins to Tenplay on 18th March. Any ideas why?

Commonwealth Games content restrictions would be my guess.

3 Likes

that date was over 2 weeks before it even commenced, but yet some before that weren’t even uploaded - for example March 10 and 11. I wonder why?

get rid of “This is…” as well.

1 Like

Personally, I think the Opener voiceovers would sound a bit better if the script went along the lines of…

“First At Five, Ten Eyewitness News with Sandra Sully”

Yes, a bit of a throwback to the 1990s and 2000s but it’s nice to have some minor historical links woven into the branding! :slight_smile:

6 Likes
4 Likes

To me, when I hear this it sounds like an authoritive news service. So I’d +1 for this making a comeback :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes