Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

They have done for over 20 years (and pretty certain that Sydney Ten News on Good Friday has still beaten Nine News in Perth on several occasions)

2 Likes

Enjoy your life and don’t watch tv for 1 day on Good Friday…it’s a public holiday :joy:

2 Likes

The live stream for the news hasn’t been on since March 18 so unfortunately not.

The few times they’ve tried it since the early nineties, it’s rated the same as the national bulletin - so I guess the thinking has been why spend the money…

Sadly, again, viewers have been voting with their Neilson boxes and the ratings only take a slight dip… not enough to justify the expense of keeping all of the lights on everywhere.

Correct.

I think, though, that some changes will start to work their way in over the next year or so - as they replace the 150+ staff that were lost during administration…

4 Likes

They may as well just ditch local news around the country then… whats the point?

yes you are right, a bit of a shame but thanks anyway

1 Like

has for me…

that’s not what I’m saying at all.

right now there are bigger fish to fry. Stop with the incessant posting about instant changes that should’ve been implemented by now… CBS are not going to work that quick.

1 Like

Well it hasn’t been on since the 18th and probably won’t be on for a few more weeks because of the Commonwealth Games.

Lachlan and friends

9 Likes

I saw it tonight in Brisbane…

1 Like

weird, because it didn’t show up in Perth

1 Like

It wasn’t showing for me on Tenplay in Brisbane.

1 Like

And nothing in Melbourne as well.

1 Like

huh.

I can confirm that starting 30 April, TEN News will launch a morning bulletin and return the late news/sports tonight combo.

Additionally, these services will be carried on CBSN which will “launch” in Australia on the same day. Amber Austin-Wright is tipped to anchor several 30 minute bulletins through the day for CBSN, allowing the ‘overnight’ crew in New York some down time.

8 Likes

Is this where you yell “April Fools”?

4 Likes

Haha good try.

When is saw it I automatically knew it was for April fools

1 Like

damn, what gave it away?

4 Likes