Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

they can’t air the news into Sydney and Melbourne at 7pm due to the fact of Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix coverage. The broadcast ends at 7.30pm. Previously, there was a schedule dedicated to Supercars at Albert Park once Qualifying was finished over on ONE HD. As ‘Exclusive to ONE’. This happened maybe only once.

we don’t get it here in Perth at all, unless of course its on the national bulletin - which isn’t that very often. Maybe once in a blue moon. I haven’t seen any FOX Footy commentators at all on the national bulletin - not even once, a few crosses for NRL.

The design could easily be implemented into the current Perth set:

Courtesy of IceWorks for the original design elements.

9 Likes

Sorry but that looks bad!

2 Likes

While it didn’t look terrible, the set that Queensland got at the time of the 2011 relaunch was probably something that would’ve worked better in the Early-Mid 2000s.

Aside from Ten probably wanting some form of standardised set design, having at least one screen for the primary presentation area/backdrop has been becoming something of a “must have” in news sets (both here in Australia and overseas) in recent years and for a very good reason: The ability for more versatile On-Air Presentation which if done correctly, can even enhance the story telling.

1 Like

https://instagram.com/p/Bgc9LvuAcJz/

11 Likes

“Welcome to Saturday Lotto!”

13 Likes

Ten are fucken idiots… use fox footage for motogp highlights instead of their own telecast.

you’ll find that was part of the contract that I’m sure is still in place.

To source footage for a sport it has the rights to every race for? That’s weird.

part of the deal to secure Fox on FTA.

No live stream available for the news tonight

1 Like

The cricket news conference looked to be HD

6 Likes

Since when have Ten Sydney been using HD content in stories?

they haven’t.

That’s supplied footage courtesy of Cricket Australia.

Good use of available resources here for a seemingly rather small investment, I do wonder what the take up of these devices is like in Australia and how people would know these news updates are available from Ten.

“Breakfast newsflash”

“Morning newsflash”

7 Likes

Exclusive footage

I’m pretty sure that even the ABC and most regional broadcasters usually do local news on Good Friday!

Yes, I know it’s just one day and that Ten also does this for like a fortnight or so each Summer (which probably says just how thin resources are in the local newsrooms!)…but does here anyone really think that people in Adelaide & Perth will want to watch inevitably Sydney-centric news coverage on Ten about crowds at the Pyrmont Fish Markets and the Homebush Showgrounds tomorrow night?

Aside from the brief stint of “Ten Evening News” at 6pm in 2011, I don’t think Ten have done local news on weekends (at least on the East Coast) since August 1993 when the then-6pm local bulletins were axed.

For some reason (most likely budgetary, possibly something known by Ten and not anyone else), they’ve never aired a local weekend bulletin at 5pm apart from maybe special occasions.

Same.

I know Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five isn’t in “primetime” (which has actually been cited as a reason for Ten’s lack of promotion for their news service before, if I’m not mistaken) but the last I checked, both Seven and Nine very regularly promote the programs they air at 5pm let alone 6pm!

1 Like

@ScreenTower is it possible for you to upload this Saturday’s (31March) bulletin of Ten News.