Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

except LED screens of that size are massive and expensive, and at the time Murdoch was doing all he could do gut the department. Three plasmas in a box was considered cheap and good enough.

Right now, I don’t see anything changing… content is the priority.

Also, that original Iceworks design included a pullout darker version of the skyline I believe… it was never used as it was deemed too dark. The original background is still there too btw.

1 Like

Out of pure curiosity, I wonder how much it would take to resurrect the basic layout of the previous set, as if they were making a direct update to the previous set and skipping the eyewitness set. The old main backdrop frame is still visible behind the current one, just with new blue panels. The wavy white panels on the far sides may still be there too (at least they were in the 2015 promo shots of the eyewitness set).

The plasmas were literally placed in front of it. If you kept the same desk, you could change it back in a few hours.

3 Likes

Not saying it should happen next week. Just talking about potential versatility of that set still being modern for use today. As you also mentioned that’s interesting that the set behind those screens still does exist. If I was then I’d bring it back.

1 Like

but there is still a level of consistency across the network (broadly, not necessarily specifically) with the three plasma setup.

Focus on the content first.

Agree re content but who cares if all the local news sets are the same if they are shit. Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth are fine. The other two are shit.

1 Like

Bits of the previous set are still there. The weather green screen is set up over the old weather/sports plasma. Similarly there are a few of the old OTS plasmas sitting around in storage, from what I’ve heard. plus the podium is still being used in the newsroom during crosses.

Of course, new news director is probably going to order a whole new look.That’s where they make their mark.

2 Likes

The green screen in Brisbane replaced the 100” plasma.

1 Like

On March 25, Adelaide will be getting a short 30 minute bulletin, where as Brisbane and Perth will be getting their bulletin at 5.30pm. No news for Sydney and Melbourne for that weekend. Only Sundays news will be shown outside of Sydney and Melbourne.

I presume there is a reason?

Due to Ten’s coverage of the Formula One GP in Melbourne, of course.

I can only presume that Ten see themselves as being more of an entertainment (and sport to a lesser extent, knowing just how little premium sport the network actually has) network than a news network, knowing that Seven and Nine will happily delay the news/shift the coverage over to a multichannel when they have all day sport coverage…

It may be a repetitive opinion but IMO they could try and air the news at 7 on weekends if sports runs overtime and they don’t want to air at 6.

The news on weekends are far more cheaper and would actually rate as long as TEN stick with it.

1 Like

No news scheduled for Adelaide on Seven this Saturday.

1 Like

7 News is still going ahead on Saturday. Jess Adamson said in a report tonight that the bulletin will be coming from inside Parliament.

Ten still doing those horrendous crosses to fox sports to preview the NRL. Surely now ten has nothing to do with fox they can dispense with this tacky cross promotion on their news. It’s just so cheap and nasty.

1 Like

Sydney only I’m assuming. Wasn’t one in Brisbane.

Sorry it’s the next Saturday 24 March.

1 Like

News on 7 scheduled for 5pm from floor of SAParliament House with live election coverage staring at 6.00pm

It’s election night, they’ll have it on at 6 during the coverage.

They still have agreements in place from when they were a fox puppet. The a-league game per week, for example, is still a contracted item. I’d say there’ll be a few contracts of a similar nature.

1 Like