Ten News First Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

No news tonight in VIC & NSW due to the Clipsal 500.

tv guide says 6pm

3 Likes

Oops, my mistake.

What! News on TEN at 6pm right after a major sports telecast!? :open_mouth::joy:

4 Likes

Yes, Ten Eyewitness News First at Five will be on at 6pm. :wink:

5 Likes

Maybe they’ll start at 5:59:59pm :joy:

6 Likes

National bulletin is coming from Melbourne this weekend.

It looks real nice too.

1 Like

Wonder why. Is there a set change in the mix in Sydney?

1 Like

Hope someone recorded it then! :stuck_out_tongue:

Melbourne does have a great set compared to Sydney. Just add a few more plasmas (or 3x3 plasma wall to the side) and it will look world-class.

13 Likes

If they could only replace the side panels and that poster background with a 3x3 plasma wall the set would look 10x better.

1 Like

Maybe they are utilising the control room for motorsport hostings in sydney?

I don’t know how much production usually happens at Pyrmont on a Saturday, but I wouldn’t have thought that any sports telecasts (even those from Ten) would require use of the news studio’s control room!

Interesting that the bulletin started with the first at 5 tagline on the middle screen and finished without it including the screen on the LHS side of the set even though it was left under the eyewitness news on-screen strap.

1 Like

Also of note, the voice over at the start didn’t mention “First at five”, which is appropriate :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Neither did the titlecard include the “First At Five” strap.

A slightly different background for the FAF-less centre screen graphic than the normal one used on weekends.
Must be an entirely different full screen plasma graphic. Doesn’t quite match the two plasmas beside it that well:

Normally:

Tonight:

2 Likes
7 Likes

Why is the screen on an angle?

Because it was at 6pm? :joy:

1 Like